Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Your Dying Spouse 375 - Caregiver, Don't Hold Too Tight {#write31days}

My dear caregiver, my darling wife...

When it comes time for me to die, let me go, and don't look back.

Carry my memory in your heart, sure, but please step boldly onto the new path God has placed before you.

Nothing will be lost; all the good that was Us, He has saved, and it will be waiting for you down the road, for you to discover when you cross that bridge that we all will cross.

Enjoy the life you will have, and enter into it with a full heart, because I want nothing less that the deepest and truest happiness for you.

And don't worry about me. I'll be right, because God will have laid in an eternity's supply of Fosters, and He'll have secured all the breakables, because when rugby dudes party, all of Heaven will know.

The musical theme is from Kool and the Gang, with Celebration. Well, why not?



My #write31days posts so far are:

October 2 - Talk To A Caregiver
October 3 -  Create A Caregiver Haven

Write 31 Days prompts - 2017

I do ask that you be patient with my slow replies to your comments (which we treasure). I'm trying to stay caught up.

Still hoping to get the new and improved version of Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart up and running in the near future. Just haven't had the energy to do it yet...but if you would like to read it, please say so in your comment and I'd be glad to send you a PDF (which should fit your Kindle).



I have another blog, "Starting The Day With Grace". The focus is a grace quote from someone you might not expect (like, say Mick Jagger) and a short commentary. I hope you'll join me.



Marley update... been moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.

WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

And marley has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.















9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tara. I really appreciate your following along with this series.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, Andrew. You really show the love you have for your dear wife. I pray God will make every minute together special for you and Barb. May blessings rain down on you. Love and hugs to you both! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayl, you did catch the love, and I am so glad. Thank you for this.

      Love and hugs and XO back!

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful post, Andrew. Such thoughtful, loving words. Blessings to you and Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lesley! Blessings and love back, from both of us.

      Delete
  4. You obviously love your wife a lot. She's lucky to have had you this long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The gift of the blessing." You said it well. I wonder what it will be like to enter heaven's gate? I think we are given little glimpses now and then here on earth. You have, I know. "This is not the end. White shores" Gandalph the White (paraphrased). That's a blessedness. Personally, I hope you stick around awhile longer. Selfish, I know. GBU

    ReplyDelete
  6. We learn that to love the deepest maybe does mean to let go and let someone else let go. God sent His son. Now He reigns in Heaven. Doesn't mean it won't hurt. Bless you Andrew.

    ReplyDelete