Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Monday, April 29, 2013

Because, or the Heart of a Mule

Some days it's just not worth it.

You get a look at what you think you've accomplished through the eyes of someone you respect - and realize that the green morning you'd had in your heart is a mirage. The reality is a cold barren evening, with a night that won't see a morning.

And maybe it's time to quit.

And why not?

I'd like to say it's because God spoke to me, either personally, or through His Word, Or that a song on K-LOVE or Family Life Radio reminded me that we're all  important, and beloved of the Father.

Nope. That's not it.

Maybe it's pride? No matter what anyone says, I know I'm good?

No.

What it is - is sheer dumb mulish obstinacy. I said a long time ago that I wouldn't quit, and I just won't. I don't care if God notices or not, I don't care if the work's any good or not. I'll keep going because.

Just because.

4 comments:

  1. You're awesome, you know that, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm pretty tired, Jennifer.

      Delete
    2. One more day, one more hour, one more minute...she needs all you can give her.

      Delete
    3. I'll keep trying my best. But I can see heaven from here.

      Delete