Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Monday, September 30, 2019

Your Dying Spouse 678 - Running From Jesus

There's so much in life that I've done wrong, things that I can no longer 'fix'.

But the worst are the times that I ran away from Jesus, trying, in my shame, to hide.

Not a winning plan.

I do not want this cup of pain,
I do not want the tears
that echo some sad soft refrain,
a hymn to wasted years.
There has to be another road
to which I can return.
There has to be another load,
a world where I don't burn.
But this is really all there is,
an I must live with what I've done.
bowing to eigencies,
and avoiding the risen Son.

Musicf rom The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, with Remember Me. A very powerful and moving song and video.


Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.








10 comments:

  1. (((((Andrew)))))

    You speak for all of us!
    We know there's no other way.
    Years ago my pastor said, "Because of the cross, we can look at God without fear and God can look at us without disgust."
    Because of the cross.
    What a gift is ours!

    Annie in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((((((Annie!))))))

      I LOVE this! "Because of the cross..."

      Thank you so much for sharing it.

      Delete
  2. Yes, running TO Jesus. Oh that that response to life's sorrows would be our default mode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right, Linda! Thank you so much for being here.

      Delete
  3. Andrew, I suspect we all have chapters in our stories where we ran from Jesus.I'm thankful for His unchanging love and unending grace.

    Great song!

    I'm praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, you're so right!

      I'm so glad you enjoyed the song, and so greateful for your prayers. Today has been dreadful.

      Delete
  4. I hope you're coming back to Him. I wish I could fix you, but even if I had the gift of healing it wouldn't work over the internet. (Sorry to be joking about something so serious.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, you gave me a smile! Thank you for that.

      I am coming back to Him, yes...as far as I have ever run, He's kept pace, so the trip back is literally just my turning around.

      Delete
  5. Interesting. I wonder what Jesus thinks. No way to know that. Wishing some bright spots and happy moments for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Norma, I often wonter what He thinks, too.

      There are good moments, but I have to meet them with intention.

      Thank you for being here, and for being my friend.

      Delete