Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Your Dying Spouse 674 - Reborn {FMF}

In the middle of the night, beset by wakeful pain and eerie dreams haunting half-sleep, it can be really hard to believe in the morning.

The window stays dark when you look at it. And it's still dark the next time you look, and the next.

But the sun will rise again, and with it, we are reborn from the clutches of a sinister night.

It seems that I am marked to die
and cancer's will prevails;
no-one seems to hear my cry
and dead men tell no tales.
The cold salt-waves duck my face,
I see no friendly sails,
no sign of rescue or of grace;
and dead men tell no tales.
I wonder how I ended here,
through all my wandering trails,
awash in pain, awash in fear,
and dead men tell no tales.
Now sudden-held, Hands rent by nails,
and the men reborn sing praise.

Music from the Foo Fighters, with the relentlessly cheerful Walk, and visuals from Thor.


Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.







24 comments:

  1. My book ladies enjoyed your book. They weren't sure at first, and then they got into it. Sounds like the 'kids' are doing fine. In August I had eight kids I watched for three days, ages 1-9, while their folks took a mini anniversary get-away. It was rather lively, to say the least! Wishing you wellness and happiness. God bless you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Norma, I'm so glad they liked the book! Sounds like you had quite an adventure with the kids...sounds fun. Thank you so much for the blessing of your friendship

      Delete
  2. I think this is my new favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! Cheering you on Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and prayers to you both! I'm always inspired by the way you face your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesley, thank you so much for this, and we most especially appreciate the prayers.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you know where your comfort and strength come from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, it took awhile to realize the depth of that comfort and the magnitue of that strength...and I am so grateful.

      Delete
  6. I hear your cry friend! Praying for you continually. I’m in the 35 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, thank you for hearing, and most especially for your prayers.

      Delete
  7. and men reborn sing praise...I like that line. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it, Annette. It was actually a last-minute change, just before the post went live.

      Delete
  8. I like the comparison between dead men and reborn praise. Keep going, my friend, you are seen, you are heard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last two lines of your poem, and the video says it all. Don't usually watch these kinds of movies, but wow! You know how to out 'em together! Yes there is a morning for the reborn, an eternal day coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I'm so glad that this spoke to you!

      I find that more and more, I do look forward to that eternal day.

      Delete
  10. (((((Andrew)))))

    Thank you. Wisdom gained and shared!

    Annie in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankfully, living men, like you, Andrew, are able to tell us tales that inspire us to embrace each day that we have! Hugs and prayers, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, thank you so much for these lovely, uplifting and affirming words, and most especially for you prayers.

      Delete