Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Monday, September 2, 2019

Your Dying Spouse 666 - The Value Of Civility

One thing I have learned through illness is how much I value civil discourse...and how much I mourn its passing.

The world we knew is at an end
and I fear what lies ahead,
for there's an evil doth portend
when civil grace is dead.
I'm told I must rise up in malice,
destroy my neighbour's traitor-heart;
but in drinking from this poisoned chalice
it's I who'm torn apart.
Is there a way we yet might save
ourselves from this benighted fate,
or are these passing years the grave
of a good recognized far too late?
If I care not to cede the victory
a kinder world must start with me.

Music from the Grass Roots, with Temptation Eyes. Apropos nothing, but I like the song, and hope you will, too.


Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.






4 comments:

  1. Andrew, wise words and spot-on perspective. We can be the change-makers in our world. Maybe not in the broader world, but in the sphere where God has placed us. It's in civil discourse that we can hear and share differing opinions and thoughts. When did we as a culture become so afraid of a different viewpoint?

    I'm praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, you're so right. We may not immediately afect the wider world...but like a stone tosed into a pond, the ripples of our decency may one way reach shores we never imagined.

      Thank you so much for your prayers...today was the worst, by far.

      Delete
  2. True, true, true. Thank you for speaking what is in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Norma, thank YOU for being here, and for being my friend.

      Delete