Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Your Dying Spouse 562 - Loneliness

The river of Life is flowing past, and I'm on the bank, watching.

Lives go on; Barbra and my friends are moving forward, and I'm here, locked into a maze of pain and nausea.

Alone, but not lonely.

For one thing, I have the dogs. A lot of dogs. They get it; they now that if I'm not up to a romp-and-play session, it's the right thing for them to cuddle in my lap, and lean on my back.

And then there's God.

I don't now how to explain His presence; it's something felt, and not observed. His Presence doesn't come from reading Scripture.

Maybe it comes from His example.

I am on my own Via Dolorosa. When Jesus took that last long walk, a friend He had never seen before helped him.

Simon the Cyrene.

Jesus is my Simon.

I don't have to bear my Cross' weight by myself. He's helping shoulder the burden, so that I can make it through to the end.

We're almost there.

And there will be glory.


Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.



Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.











12 comments:

  1. Praying in Texas

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((((((Annie))))))

      Hugs and prayers for you and your grandmother.

      Delete
  2. Yes, He specializes in bearing our burdens. Jesus knows what it's like on that winding road toward the end.

    Andrew, praying you'll sense His presence today in ways that are palpable and real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I sure do feel Him with me, every hour, every day. When others say that it's OK to despair in the ace of really horrible odds, He says it's OK to laugh.

      Delete
  3. You are amazing! The way you manage to keep a positive attitude is an inspiration to all of us. I hope it won't be long before you're in Heaven, free from all the suffering here and rejoicing there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, thank you so much. I think that when one intentionally practices Joy, it becomes more than a garment; it becomes one's very complexion.

      I hope so, anyway. Summer's coming, and I need a Joyous Tan!

      Delete
  4. Yes, my brother. Jesus is with you. Every sibgle step. He knows your pain and cheers you onward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is here, Marie.

      And thank YOU for being here.

      Delete
  5. OH Andrew... once again, I thank you for gifting us/me hope... And your reply to Linda? Priceless: "When others say that it's OK to despair in the ace of really horrible odds, He says it's OK to laugh." ... What an amazing glimpse into the upside down world of His Kingdom's glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, thank you so much for this. You made my day!

      We're praying for you.

      Delete
  6. There's an old song I've only heard sung a couple of times and that was in my teenage years. My sister played the piano to accompany the soloist. "I Walked Today Where Jesus Walked" was its title. Its lyrics and melody were hauntingly beautiful. Your topic takes me to that song. Somehow I think suffering is in kinship with Jesus. It is a beautiful picture of love. Andrew, I think your blog posts will continue to minister as long as your blog remains up. You have allowed us to see some of your vulnerabilities and conclusions. Bless you for that. Still praying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Norma, thank you for sharing this memory, and song.

      I'm so grateful for your words today; they mean more than you will ever know.

      Delete