Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Your Dying Spouse 568 - Barb and Tim Tebow

I heard the news in the evening, after Barb had gone to bed, and I went to her door. "Barb?"

"Hmm?"

I opened the bedroom door, and stepped in. "I wanted to let you know first, because you're sure to hear the news."

"What news?" Barb sat up in bed, and hugged her knees.

"Well...Tim Tebow's gotten engaged. To a former Miss Universe. Apparently he got her a really huge ring."

Barb was nonplussed. "So?"

I took a deep breath. "Well, I'm going to email him, and send him your picture, and tell him that there'll be this super-nice lady who'll be available after I'm, like, you know, dead."

After blinking a couple of times, Barb said, "Huh?"

"I'm sure he'll break the engagement, and he's a really nice Christian boy, in good phyical shape...he'll be a lot of help with the dogs and stuff."

"Uh, well...thanks?"

"Hey, no problemo...I take good care of my women!"

"WHAT WOMEN????"

Think this is a made-up conversation, for comic relief? Just ask Barb.

And Tim.

What musical selection could be more appropriate than the theme song...at full length, a rarity...to The Monkees?


Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.




Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.








4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure there's another man good enough for Barbara. It sounds like she's the very best there is. Like you, Andrew. It's lovely to know you found each other, because you deserve each other, and I mean that in the best possible way, the way I feel my parents were both wonderful and deserved the best, and found it in each other. Or maybe together they each made the other even better.
    (((Andrew & Barbara)))
    Annie in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((((((Annie))))))) Thank you so much for this...certainly she's the best I could ever have found, and for her, I've done my best.

      Love the way you put it, that your parents may have made one another even better. That's just wonderful!

      Delete
  2. you guys sure do know how to love each other well ... no matter what the season. you've been refined by the fire and it shows ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your sense of humor is still in place, even after all the suffering you've gone and continue to go through, Andrew! I guess you've chosen to laugh rather than to cry about it all! This was such a cute moment between you and Barbara! You've certainly got her back! Thanks for sharing, my friend!

    ReplyDelete