Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Monday, January 21, 2019

Your Dying Spouse 570 - Poetry Of Pain And Grace

So, what's up with the sonnets, all of a sudden?

I was brought here by pain and fatigue that are doing nothing but increasing. Having to put words and thoughts into the rhyme and meter of a Shakespearean sonnet concentrates and focuses my mind; the discipline makes the meaning behind what I'm trying to write come more learly for me, and, I hope for you.


I was brought to writing verse

by the hard overseer of pain
whose whip’s hard lash and shouted curse
bites deep, and I cannot feign
the mellow mien of modern man,
it’s turned me savage, hard;
my life’s old flowing graceful span
is left bent, broken, charred.
Yet in the wrack in which I kneel
a rhyme floats up, in grace;
it doesn’t matter how I feel,
but that I seek God’s face.
If I can transcend this deadly hurt
a flower may grow in that bloody dirt.


Music from Manafest, with Every Time You Run.




Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.




Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.










8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Your poetry flows from such a deep place, and brings such life out of the pain. I have also found the discipline of conforming words to a small Haiku to be a blessing in the midst of pain. Thank God for the gift of words. Praying for you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bettie, thank you so much...and I hope I might read some of your haiku one day?

      Thank you so much for the prayers!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Maybe when you're gone your poems could be published as a book. I'm sure most of us who read them here would buy copies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jan, thank you1 originally I had thought of them as ephemera, and had not saved copies...but have now been encouraged to dig into the archives, so to speak,and collect them.

      There will be a volume, not published by me, certainly...but perhaps with appropriate Scripture, as a kind of devotional.

      Delete
  3. Andrew, this is beautiful. Thank you for being so intentional to share your words here, and elsewhere. They are always a blessing.

    Praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, you words honour me more than you now, and your prayers are so appreciated!

      Delete