Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Monday, December 24, 2018

Your Dying Spouse 558 - What Christmas Is All About

I'm writing this on Christmas Eve; Barb isn't here, and won't be here tomorrow.

A dear friend of ours is in hospital, very ill, and her husband is very worried, so Barb is there for them.

An that is what Christmas is all about.

It's not about family and food and festivities.

It's not about carols and church and pageants.

It's about God coming to stay with a scared and hurting world, offering Himself as comfort.

It's not like I'll be alone, facing cancer on Christmas Eve Night. We've got eighteen dogs and an insanely brave cat.

God will be here, too.

And...I've got Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2!



Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.



Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.






12 comments:

  1. Perfectly exact. ............... ( https://studios.vidangel.com/the-chosen/pilot ... if you haven't seen this video "the Chosen", I highly recommend it. Well done. Not cheesy. Brought renewed perspective on this Christmas eve for me.(23 minutes) . ............. Merry Christmas, friend. Praying for you throughout each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, thank you for this. I will watch it tonight. Merry Christmas to you, and thank you for your prayers. You are in ours.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas! Thank you for this perspective on Christmas Day. Love and peace to you and Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, thank you so much for being here, and we wish you the merriest of Christmases.

      You're always in our prayers.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas. Wishing you, Barb and the animals a gentle and warm day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leon, thank you so much, and a Merry Christmas to you from everyone here.

      We had a Christmas Visitor...when I was passing out the bacon treats for the dogs' Christmas, a neighbour's baby Labrador turned up at the door to partake as well. A good time was had by all.

      Delete
  4. Belated Merry Christmas! You summed it up perfectly -- "It's about God coming to stay with a scared and hurting world, offering Himself as comfort." So very true, and something I need to know not just in my head but in my whole being. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, thank YOU, and I hope you had a blessed Christmas! You're in my prayers.

      Delete
  5. My laptop fell off Mother's hospital bed and then the wifi would not work. Found a tech this morning and got it fixed. Blessings to you, Andrew.
    Hugs from Annie in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, gosh...I'm so glad you could get the laptop fixed!

      Blessings back, and ((((((HUGS!))))))

      Delete
  6. I hope your Christmas passed uneventfully with Barb gone. This is beautiful: "It's about God coming to stay with a scared and hurting world, offering Himself as comfort." I'm grateful he came to stay! Thanks for all your encouragement to the world, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you so much...it was an uneventful Christmas, albeit with the normal fever that I seem to run these days. But I can take that.

      I'm sorry I have not been to your blog as often as I have in the past, but things are getting a bit fraught for me now.

      Thank you so much for being here.

      Delete