Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Your Dying Spouse 554 - What Do I Do NOW??? {FMF}

Another really bad symptom, and it's not going away.

I call it 'Death In The Dunny', and if you're curious, you can look up the symptoms for pancreatic cancer. I won't describe it further except to say that it signals a badly compromised pancreas.

I face it several times a day, and it's frightening every time. Well, not frightening. Terrifying and disheartening, that's maybe more like it.

Today Joseph Prince said on the telly that god wants to heal me. I'm thinking...maybe He lost my address?

And He wants to make me rich...where do I send my routing and account numbers?

I speak in jest, but if I only used a selective reading of Scripture I might actually believe that twaddle.

God wants something far more difficult. He wants to save my immortal soul, and He sent His Son into mortal life to die horribly as the price I could never pay.

And the privilege I receive is the opportunity to bear witness to His Love in my life, to the fact that when your health is wrecked and recreational activities are pretty well reduced to watching DVDs between dreaded trips to the dunny, life is still worth living, and love is still worth giving.

He loved me from His agony on the Cross.

I can love others from my agony on the dunny.

Music from 30 Seconds To Mars, with Do Or Die.




Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.



Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.







32 comments:

  1. One day at a time sweet Jesus that's all I'm asking from you ...
    Give me the strength to do everyday what I have to do.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm sorry you're having a rough time, Andrew. I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anita. I'm truly grateful for your kind words, and your prayers.

      Delete
  3. Loved indeed! A beautiful beloved child of God! I also cang help but think how the words "do not be afraid" appear 365 times in Scripture...one for every day of the year. I'm in the 5 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, that's just so wonderful that we have a "don't be afraid" for every day. God's got it under control, even don to the calendar!

      Delete
  4. I’ve been praying for you a lot this week. Way more than usual. I sense God’s presence with you in this agony, the covering, the tenderness. Praying you are experiencing the same. Blessings in the process. Hugs & Prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I truly appreciate the prayers and hugs. The past week has been the most discouraging and frightening one I have ever lived. Like being tied to the railroad tracks, and hearing the train whistle.

      But there are blessings, and God is holding me.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Indeed we can, Annette. It's just a decision.

      Delete
  6. I'm pretty empty of words right now. All I can say is, hang on. Still praying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Norma, I'll hang on...and your prayers are a big part of my ability to do so. Truly.

      Delete
  7. Andrew, this is so it - we love and live because He loves and lives. All I can say is that you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, we're so lucky to have Him! And I am so blessed by your friendship, and your prayers.

      Delete
  8. Praying in Texas
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it wasn't so dang sad, it'd be funny...you know dunny funny. But it's sad and makes me mad. I would like you to be well, that would be swell. And money on the dunny isn't funny. Oh my word, tell me to STOP. Love to you and Barb and the 17.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, it actually really funny, at least the incidents that can cause laughter on an otherwise dark passage. I make sure not to miss those...I think maybe there'll be a test at the end, yeah?

      Love back, from all of us! XOXOXO

      Delete
  10. Andrew, you amaze me that in the midst of all you are going through, you still find humor. Your words so aptly describe how we should all be looking at Jesus's sacrifice for all, and you put it so eloquently. Have a blessed day, feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, thank you so much for this. Today as hard, but your kind words have brightened it very much.

      Delete
  11. (My previous post disappeared; I'll try again) Long story short, I've been mia in many ways in recent months, but I returned to FMF this week and, after posting and then reading the entry of the blogger above me, I scrolled up the page and immediately found your link. Happy moment!! And then I read your post. And I don't really know what to say other than "thank you". Thank you for sharing your journey, for touching my heart over and again, for reading my blog in the past and taking the time to respond and to encourage me. You are a blessing -- it's just that simple. You wrote in response to another comment that "God is holding" you. And that is my prayer for you -- that no matter what is happening, no matter what you're enduring, that you absolutely feel the arms of our loving Father, holding you close to Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, I know the feeling of disappearing posts...and it is SO GOOD to see you again! I looked for you in the FMF lineup every week, and was just delighted to find you there again.

      God is indeed holding me, and I am buoyed up by the love I've found through this digital medium...something I never expected.

      I hope that it's something you feel, Patti.

      Delete
  12. I'm sorry your struggles are continuing to get worse, Andrew, but I love how you continue to speak hope and truth in the midst of it all. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesley, I figure that when the night comes, you can truly see the stars. And I always drew inspiration from the night sky.

      Thank you so much for your prayers!

      Delete
  13. “And the privilege I receive is the opportunity to bear witness to His Love in my life.” No small honour, indeed. Praying for you this minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you so much for your prayers (and for your lovely, inspiring blog!)

      Delete
  14. Andrew, I watched my grandmother die of pancreatic cancer. The Dr.s said she had a few weeks or maybe months. She lived sixteen months more and died at the age of 79 (my age now). I have a small idea of what you are enduring. You have my everlasting admiration and undying prayers. Grace and peace, little brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uudith, thank you so much for sharing this; you've given me inspiration and have bolstered my courage.

      I'm so grateful for your warm wishes, and for your prayers!

      Delete
  15. I hate the prosperity gospel. That is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Our true prosperity lies in Christ, in whatever state we are in. Whatever His grace allows us to endure. I am praying for you Andrew. Your riches are so much more than the world even can fathom. You have Christ and know Him in the fellowship of His sufferings. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I completely agree; the prosperity gospel is a slap in Christ's face.

      Thank you so much for your prayers. They are truly appreciated.

      Delete