Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Your Dying Spouse 553 - Gotta Be Careful About Christmas

A couple of years ago I wrote a short book called PTSD And The Holidays; if you're curious, scroll down and you'll see the cover (which is a link to Amazon).

But the holidays are kind of hard when you're dying, too. The sentimentality that goes along ith a lot of Christmas songs and traditions can cause a sudden black wall of depression, even despair, to rise in the heart.

Maybe it's the "let's all be happy together" thing, and one feels like one's looking in through a closed window. Maybe it's memories of Christmases Past, when pain and unstoppable dry heaves (and worse) weren't a part of every moment, waking or not.

I can't remember the good Christmases. I can't remember what it was like to feel good. Or even 'ok'.

I remember faces that are missing, though. Too many.

So I'm being careful. Barb's got a Christmas special on the telly in the living room. I'm at the other end of the house, rocking out to The Digital Age.

It's a self-preservation thing.

So here's The Digital Age, with Captured.




Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.



Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.








8 comments:

  1. I continue to keep you in my prayers! And I am so thankful for the truth that you stand in, even when you are too weak to stand! Jesus is pouring life through your words. May you feel HIS life holding you still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bettie, thank you so very much for the prayers. They are deeply felt, and deeply appreciated.

      He's here; He's holding me. I'm OK.

      Delete
  2. Praying in Texas
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and sending love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew, it must be so hard, but I see you trusting God throughout this whole ordeal. You are an inspiration to all of us. Blessings and love to you and Barb! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayl, please forgive my delayed reply...and thank you so much for this lovely comment!

      The harder things get, the easier it gets to trust God; not because I see my own weakness, but because I more clearly see His strength.

      Blessings and love back from both of us! XO

      Delete