Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Your Dying Spouse 420 - Caregiver, Find A Moment's Peace {#adventphoto2017}

I wonder if, on the road to Bethlehem, mary and Joseph sometimes stopped under the wide, starry sky, and held hands as they drank in the stillness.

Did Bible folk hold hands? Surprising, but I don't know if that was a custom or not.

I'd like to think they did; after all, the Klingons say that death is an experience best shared, and so is peace.

Now over to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and O Little Town Of Bethlehem.



Today's keyword for Advent-Photo-A-Day is peace.


Previous posts in this series are

December 4 - A Caregiving Home
December 6 - A Caregiver's Vision
December 8 - A Caregiver's Renewal

Please pardon my slow response to comments. I'm doing my best, and your comments are really precious to me.

I'm really not doing well at all.

Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback in a few days!

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

I have another blog, "Starting The Day With Grace". The focus is a grace quote from someone you might not expect (like, say Mick Jagger) and a short commentary. I hope you'll join me.


Marley update... been moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.

WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

And marley has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.









10 comments:

  1. Andrew,
    For a caregiver, or for any Christian in general, we need peace in caring for others and caring for ourselves. Oh how easily it gets lost this time of year. Sometimes, I like to go out on the back porch and stand and stare at the stars in the dark sky. To me, this is a wonderful picture, from God, of peace.
    Advent blessings to you Andrew,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, thank you for this...the stars in our dark New Mexico sky give me peace, too.

      Blessings back!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I'm guessing they held hands and did daily life pretty much in the same way we do ...

    That said, I much prefer a car to a donkey at this point.

    So glad you're doing this series, Andrew ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I'd really like to think they did hold hands...I'd bet on it!

      I think Mary would have far preferred a car. Joseph, maybe a Harley?

      It is a fun and challenging series. I hope I make it through!

      Delete
  3. I can't imagine that Mary and Joseph didn't hold hands, especially during such a moving and monumental experience with the Messiah coming to earth as their child. And yes, if they looked up into that starry sky, at some point they would have seen the star pointing to their son. What an incredible experience! Thank you for pointing us to ponder these important things, Andrew. It makes the Christmas spirit grow and deepen.

    I hope that you and Barbara hold hands a lot throughout this Christmas season and beyond. It can be such a comforting thing for you and solidify sweet memories for her. Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, I love the image you painted with these lovely words...and I'll bet you're right in the details. What a wonderful experience, indeed.

      Holding hands is important; it does hurt, but it's worthwhile.

      Praying for you and yours this Christmas, for happy experiences to cherish together!

      Delete
  4. Holding hands with our loved ones, especially those in pain and suffering, brings comfort to not only them but us as well. Keep hold of Barbara's loving hand and remember God holds you in His.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, you're so right...and even ogs like to have their paws held! (Some, like Strawberry the Bullmastiff, just go ahead and hug. Hard.)

      Thank you so much for these lovely words, Debbie.

      Delete
  5. As they looked upon the awe and wonder of the Creator when traveling, as Mary carried the fully human fully God babe to be born I'm thinking they must have held hands at times during their journey.

    Can you bear to hold hands, or is it too painful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy, I'm thinking you're right...even if it wasn't the custom, I suspect they couldn't help it!

      It is pretty hard to hold hands, hurts a lot, but we do try.

      Delete