Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Your Dying Spouse 364 - Worth The Pain

This is getting ridiculous, and some folks honestly can't understand why I want to live, why I want to see tomorrow.

I guess it's because this life, constrained and painful as it is, is still mine.

And each sunrise is still a miracle.

Now that's picturesque, and it's true, but methinks it's not enough.

Why is it still worth it?

In a word, opportunity.

Every day hour brings the opportunity to do something good. To encourage, to help, to pray for someone...I can't do much physical, but those things I can still do.

There's also the opportunity for gratitude. Certainly not "I'm so grateful for my illness as it has brought me closer to God!"

There are other ways of getting closer to God, but I am grateful for the perspective I have found, that does not approach God as a giver-outer-of-good-stuff-to-good-followers. I'm certainly not the greatest person around, but I didn't deserve this.

And this is validated by the real God that we find in the Bible, and immanent in our lives. He doesn't protect us from bad things, but He brings the equilibrium that gets us through them...even if 'through' means an ending in death.

And finally, thanks to the new Heroes And Icons TV channel and their solid Star Trek evenings six nights a week, there's the opportunity to catch up on all of the episodes I missed, from all of the series'.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

Music today is from The Calling, with Our Lives. I hope you enjoy it!


I do ask that you be patient with my slow replies to your comments (which we treasure). I'm trying to stay caught up.

Still hoping to get the new and improved version of Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart up and running in the near future. Just haven't had the energy to do it yet...but if you would like to read it, please say so in your comment and I'd be glad to send you a PDF (which should fit your Kindle).



I have another blog, "Starting The Day With Grace". The focus is a grace quote from someone you might not expect (like, say Mick Jagger) and a short commentary. I hope you'll join me.



Marley update... been moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.

WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

And marley has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.







5 comments:

  1. Wow....quite a ministry you have here on this blog. I want to tweet you so others can know they are not alone. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to look at each day, Andrew--through the many opportunities we have. I, quite honestly, have been hoping that the Lord would come back or I would die so that I could skip the stress and troubles of life. Sounds like I'm depressed, but I'm really not--maybe just tired. ha! The reason I do this is because it's hard for me to wait on that day with the Lord. Yet you are right! I can't walk away from all the opportunities each day brings. That's something I'm going to focus on for this day, Andrew! Thank you for the attitude adjustment and know that I pray for you daily--sometimes all throughout my day, as I think of you. So sorry that you must continue to suffer, but so happy that you have more opportunities to impact others here at your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is not finished with you yet. You're still helping lots of people with your posts and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew, you really do have a ministry through this blog. Your life is such an inspiration to so many. You teach us how to trust, to love and to be grateful. Thank you for being a faithful warrior! Love and hugs to you and Barb, your lovely wife. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew, you are certainly a warrior. Thank you for modeling courage and strength and teaching us not to whine.

    ReplyDelete