Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Your Dying Spouse 415 - Caregiver, Please Wait For Me {#adventphoto2017}

Dear Caregiver, I can't keep up.

My stride can't match yours.

My speech is tentative, and I know you want to finish my sentences.

My thoughts are slow now, and I am embarrassed.

Please wait for me.

I can still contribute to our life; please give me time, and a chance.

I won't let you down, for this is all I have left.

One wonders about mary and Joseph, traveling to Bethlehem. They would have been in caravan, because it wan't wise to travel alone, but a pregnant lady on a donkey is the slowest of travellers.

One can see Joseph, worried, saying, "Guys? Wait up!" as he and his wife dropped back, passed by their companions.

Did Joseph look at mary, thinking, "Why NOW, when we have to return to Bethlehem?", knowing that it was not under her control, but resentful nonetheless?

Did Mary feel Joseph's anxious impatience, and in her burdened heart, say, "Please wait for me, without irritation."?

And were they finally alone under the wide desert sky?

And is this why they were left with a stable as the birthplace of the Lord Incarnate?

And is this what it means, he who is last shall be first?

Music from John Waller, with While I'm Waiting, from the Fireproof soundtrack


Today's keyword for Advent-Photo-A-Day is wait.


Previous posts in this series are

December 4 - A Caregiving Home



Please pardon my slow response to comments. I'm doing my best, and your comments are really precious to me.

I'm really not doing well at all.

Still hoping to get the new and improved version of Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart up and running in the near future. Just haven't had the energy to do it yet...but if you would like to read it, please say so in your comment and I'd be glad to send you a PDF (which should fit your Kindle).

I have another blog, "Starting The Day With Grace". The focus is a grace quote from someone you might not expect (like, say Mick Jagger) and a short commentary. I hope you'll join me.


Marley update... been moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.

WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

And marley has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.











2 comments: