Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Your Dying Spouse 532 - I've Got A Secret

Psst.

Got something for you. A secret. Lean in.

Closer.

You want to know the secret of dealing with cancer, and all the other curveballs life sends your way?

It's this, from Johnson Beharry, the Greadian hero of the British Army, who won a VC at Al-Amarrah.

Sometime you da windshield, and sometime you da bug.

Good things happen, and bad things happen. There's no need to wonder why; God's ways aren't our ways, and we can't see His big picture.

We just deal with it, with His help. He stands waiting; all we have to do is ask.

I highly recommend Beharry's autobiography, Barefoot Soldier. It's the story of a good and courageous man.

Music from Kenny Loggins, with This Is It.


Please pardon my slow response to comments. I do my best, and your comments are really precious to me. Barb is answering many of them now. I'm running on fumes, if you don't mind a macho metaphor.

I'm grateful for the energy to have written this. I'm so glad Barbara's stepped in for many of my posts. I'm really not doing well at all.

Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.





If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.












4 comments:

  1. Andrew, you are so right. We don't see the big picture. (The Bible tells us this.) I don't think I would want to see the big picture, even if I could. I think it's better that I see the little bit that I can handle (can I really handle even the little picture that I see?) ... until the day I am in His presence and my eyes are able to see the big picture, and on that day, I will see so clearly how His plan was the best.
    My mother's friend (who lost her daughter to ovarian cancer) told my mother a great and simple truth: God doesn't make mistakes.
    Hugs from Annie in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, I agree with you. I don't want to see that Big Picture while I'm here...and yes, He doesn't make mistakes.

      Hugs back!

      Delete
  2. This is Annie again...
    I'm remembering when I read Corrie Ten Boom's book The Hiding Place. I was particularly struck by the story about her father explaining to her that just as he gave Corrie (when she was a child) her train ticket right when she was ready to board the train, God will give us what we need just when we need it.
    ((((Andrew & Barbara))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((((((Annie!))))))

      That's a perfect example! Thank you for sharing it...hugs back, from both of us (and Strawberry The baby Bullmastiff, who gives AWESOME hugs).

      Delete