Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Your Dying Spouse 326 - It's Not About Courage

You can deal 'bravely' with terminal illness, up to a point.

But you reach that watershed where the thing you want most of all is for everything to stop. The pain, the incontinence, the weakness, the fatigue.

The dread.

No one is brave at three o'clock in the morning, when the pain makes dawn seem a million miles away and your body's weakness makes the bathroom...which you desperately need...seem not much closer.

There is no room for posturing or attitude, no room for the moto posters...NO FEAR!...which are balled up and set alight in the burn pit.

There's only room for the most basic kind of faith.

"Father, into Your Hands I commend My Spirit."

Sorry for the short post. Things are just not going well.

We're linked with Messy Marriage's From Messes To Messages - please drop by for some terrific marriage resources.

Still hoping to get the new and improved version of Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart up and running in the near future. Just haven't had the energy to do it yet...but if you would like to read it, please say so in your comment and I'd be glad to send you a PDF (which should fit your Kindle).

I have another blog, "Starting The Day With Grace". The focus is a grace quote from someone you might not expect (like, say Mick Jagger) and a short commentary. I hope you'll join me.



Marley update... been moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.

WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

And marley has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.







3 comments:

  1. HI Andrew. I don't usually read Books and Such articles, but I did and then I read your comment which I really liked and decided to visit your blog.

    Your thoughts and feelings are well written and while I don't know exactly what you're going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your spouse and I am also going to Amazon to check out your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I truly appreciate your taking the time to stop by.

      Short course - I'm terminal. It's OK, though. Been a good life, and I am finding that with intentionality it can be a good death.

      I so appreciate your prayers!

      Delete
  2. I am always grateful to read your posts, no matter how long or how short. Thank you for sharing your words with us! Thank you for using your precious energy to encourage us and challenge us!

    ReplyDelete