Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Your Dying Spouse 453 - Easter Reflections

This originally appeared as a comment written by Andrew on the Steve Laube Literary Agency blog, on April 1, 2018.

...in the midst of a life in which my body is failing, with too much pain in too many places, too much nausea, too many daily hills to climb…there’s meaning.
And it isn’t Heaven, though that’s certainly wrapped up in the whole. As those who know me best pray for my release – for my death – I come to realize that God chose to experience this life, this death, precisely because it’s important, and to show that it could be transcended and transfigured.
The wine-grapes glow in the warm sun; the wheat nods its head in the summer breeze. But only on the other side of the crushing of the press and the scourging of the threshing floor do they find their true purpose. Only in their agony can they become the Blood and the Body.
So every word I can write is worth all the care I can give. Every glance into the predawn sky deserves not just my eyes, but my full heart.
And every hug I give, real or virtual, to a person or (more often for me!) to a dog absolutely has to carry this message:
I love you.
It’s the message we pay forward from the foot of the Cross.
Music from Coldplay, with Viva la Vida.

Please pardon my slow response to comments. I do my best, and your comments are really precious to me.

I'm not sure when or if I'll be back. I'm so glad Barbara's stepped in. I'm really not doing well at all.

Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback in a few days!

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley update... been moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.



WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

And marley has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.







15 comments:

  1. Wow, Andrew! Love your poetic words and amazing metaphor - "The wine-grapes glow in the warm sun; the wheat nods its head in the summer breeze. But only on the other side of the crushing of the press and the scourging of the threshing floor do they find their true purpose." I've never thought about that before but it's so true! In your case, it's not a crushing that I want you to experience, but am so glad you have found your purpose and calling amidst the pain. We are all better for it. Prayers for you and Barbara, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, thank you so much...and yes, the pain and everything with it has been the definition of what I could become, what I was meant to become. I don't resent it, wouldn't change it.

      Embracing the pain seems kind of like embracing the bleeding broken Christ. Does that make sense?

      We thank you so much for the prayers! And we are praying for that elbow!

      Delete
  2. Andrew, these words mean more to me today than anything you have ever written, and all your words have been life-giving. There is purpose in the pain. How we try to medicate ourselves out of it (and I do see purpose in meds). But we also self medicate in so many other ways. Bless you, my friend! He is risn and so shall you be also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, wow...I am so honoured! And there certainly is a purpose in meds, yes...pain can kill you, all by itself.

      Thank you so much for this, and for being here.

      Delete
  3. Every.word. My granddaughter (21) went to Israel with Liberty University and when she was at the Western Wall? SHE PRAYED FOR YOU. TWICE. Holy Spirit brought YOU to her mind. She's heard me speak of you and I've told her about our friendship and she prayed for "THE MERC AS SHE STOOD AT THE WAILING WALL."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, you and your grand-daughter just made my day, and as I am writing this, there was a God-thing...the sun came out from behind the clouds!

      Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Andrew, when Hannah told me she did that? I cried. Big snot tears.

      Delete
  4. Well said. Thank you for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norma, my dear friend, thank you. Praying for you and your Mum.

      Delete
  5. This was so beautifully written, Andrew! Thank you so much for being faithful to inspire us to live each moment to the fullest with our whole being. "It’s the message we pay forward from the foot of the Cross." Amen. Blessings, love and hugs to you and Barb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayl, thank you so much! I really appreciate your words. Barb and I send blessings, love and hugs your way!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful, Andrew. Your words resonate on a deep level. Thank you for sharing the horrible hard of your journey with us. It helps me understand so much more about life.

    Sending prayers and hugs to you and Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, thank so so much...and we especially appreciate the prayers and hugs.

      Delete
  7. Andrew, thank you for not wasting your God given talent as a writer. Your words here inspire us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, this comment means so much to me...thank you!

      Delete