Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Travelling Mercies (Tell His Story/



 I would bet that many of you will be travelling over the next couple of weeks, and in do doing you'll be fulfilling one of the great themes of Christmas.

God leaving Heaven to come to Earth...

Joseph and Mary having to go from Nazareth to Bethlehem...

The shepherds coming down from the hills...

The Magi following the star...

And later, Joseph and Mary fleeing to Egypt...

Buddha is quoted as saying that it is better to travel than to arrive, but hey, that's just him.

For a Christian, the arrival is everything. Like it says in Luke 13:29...

And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

Music from The Traveling Wilburys, with End Of The Line 

Sylvia suggests we travel now to McDonald's for some ice cream.





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. I never thought about all the travel involved in the Christmas story. I'm not fond of traveling and often wish someone would invent Star Trek's transporter. :-) We're not going anywhere for Christmas, thankfully, but my oldest son is coming in from RI. I hope you and your wife have a very special Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew, I'm with Barbara. I never thought about ALL the people who traveled in the earliest days of Jesus' life. We each have our own path to travel as we walk with God through our days. I'm so thankful that we are never alone on our journeys. God is always with us. I hope you, Barb, and the dogs have a special, restful Christmas, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew, I hadn't thought of those who traveled either. The most amazing journey was Jesus leaving heaven to come to earth. You've put Christmas travel in a whole new light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We won’t be traveling this year, but I’ve been thinking about those wisemen an awful lot lately. They are the subject of my current post. Great minds think alike!
    Stay warm and rejoice in the birth of our Savior until we meet Him face to face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the journey is only worth the destination when the destination is heaven! Ice cream along the way does help! Mary here. Prayers for you and Barbara!!!

    ReplyDelete