Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, October 26, 2023

Independence Day



Life's a grave dug in the rain
without strength for a last goodbye.
Life's a gyre of blood and pain
and the unanswered question, Why?
Life is hard and life is cruel,
with talons that won't let you go,
but Momma didn't raise no fool
and deep within my heart I know
that life here is not everything,
that there's something lies ahead,
and so I will believe my King
Who sauntered back from being dead,
Who, gleeful, rolled the stone away,
and gave us Independence Day.

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is STRIVE. I'll strive to do my best.

Strive ye not for glory,
for glory doth attend the grave.
Strive not to tell your story,
for the passing years won't save
your sins and graces from the dust
of a forgotten history.
Strive only now to place your trust
in the God that came to be
born Infant unto woman,
made Man of humble mien
in which Divine met human,
and in that meeting set the scene
by which at His own pain and cost,
restored to you is what you lost.

Three minutes forty-five seconds.

And what song is better here than Martina McBride's Independence Day

Sylvia celebrates her Independence Day, the day we found her, with ice cream. And for her, that day is every day.





15 comments:

  1. So much truth in both your sonnets today, and there's no better Independence Day than the one Christ gave us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym, thank you for this, and I agree that there's no independence to match that given by Christ.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm. His striving for perfection set me free from striving for freedom only He could gain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to celebrate His resurrection every day, Andrew! I traveled this week, so I didn't post on FMF, but I'm sharing my post on Offense - To Be or Not to Be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I agree, that Easter really should be rejoiced every day.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Andrew. My only striving will be to put my trust in Jesus, my Saviour. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete