Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Changes, And A Request


 First, the request... I will take over the hosting of the Tell His Story blog linkup in November. Jeanne Takenaka has done a stellar job for many years, and these are some awfully big shoes to try to fill.

I've never used Inlinkz in my blog, and so am testing what I understand about its functioning below, with a trial linkup. Could you use it (the button follows Sylvia's pictures) and link a favourite post of yours? I'd be deeply grateful.

This isn't something I expected to be doing; it requires a different approach, both in subject and style. I'll do my best.

And no, I WON'T be leaving Five Minute Friday.

Changes come and changes go,
and I must learn new ways to fly
as I shout Look Out Below!,
falling, falling through the sky.
But this is by Lord God ordained
(that, at least, is current rumour),
and it's His way to see me trained
to preserve my sense of humour,
but how now can I meet this test
of an erstwhile leadership?
Perhaps it should just do my best
and let God's words just through me rip
and trust that He will guide my pen
to the very last Amen.

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is ANTICIPATE.

Anticipation, ain't it great
to see what things become?
And even as it makes you wait,
you still are having fun
looking ahead with eager eyes,
and wondering what shape it takes.
Will it come in some disguise,
and how high will be the stakes
in asking ever more from you,
more than you thought you could give?
Could it be, could this be true
that this is how we're meant to live
through our fleeting earthly story,
anticipating Heaven's glory?

Three minutes.

Will Heaven ask much from us? Will we be challenged?

I think, yes. What's your take?

Music from The Calling, with Our Lives

Sylvia thinks I'll do just fine.


You are invited to the 

 To  Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

18 comments:

  1. I'm surprised to hear you are picking up the Tell His Story Link-up, Andrew, but I'm glad you are pressing forward to host it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I'm surprised myself. I just hope I do it well.

      Delete
  2. Andrew, I so appreciate your poems. I love the perspective that, perhaps, we're meant to live with anticipation of Heaven and God's glory!

    I'm praying for you and Barb, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, thank you so much for this affirmation, and especially for your prayers.

      Delete
  3. What an honor. I'm sure you will do well as you bring your awesome creativity to the platform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to be awesome! And yes, I think heaven will be a challenge but one we face with pure joy and no nonsense! Just had this conversation with someone this morning! God will always be zillions of steps ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Heaven's challenges will be awesome... and fun.

      Delete
  5. May God be with you and bless this endeavor, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew, I think you'll do a wonderful job hosting a link-up! You have a gift for making every comment you leave special and individual, and you bring humor and deep thoughts and compassion in just the right measure. Praying it's a fruitful endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous news! Thank you for continuing to serve. Praying for you to find joy, strength and endurance as you press forward toward the goal of heaven working to share the love of God all the way. 🙏Looking forward to more #tellhisstory link-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know that link up at all. But i hope you enjoy hosting it! and boy, oh, boy... anticipating God's glory... good yes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting, Andrew! I follow this linkup so I'll be glad to link up in your space. Thanks for taking on hosting duties!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrew, your going to do just great. I was nervous when I started hosting my own link up too. Once you get the hang of it it's really easy.
    FMF #14

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Andrew. You shall be wonderful at this. I hope I did it correctly?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah, it worked! we hold our breath before trying out a new thing and when it actually comes into being we just can't believe our eyes. good for you! i'm chicken when it comes to technology.

    ReplyDelete