Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Your Dying Spouse 622 - Perfection

Out with the dogs, making sure they don't wander off after doing their morning chores, and often I raise my arms and tilt my head back, looking up into the sky.

Takes some of the pressure of my chest so I can breathe eaier, but yeah, I'm looking for Jesus.

One of these days. There are still a few things to write, though, like, well, this...and this is hard to face...

There is a sad perfection
in this dying, in this loss,
a bright and clear reflection
of the Stations of the Cross.
I face the dreaded sentence
and it is mine to carry,
I cry out in repentance,
and I think of Mary.
She is the Mother of my Saviour,
a woman, not divine,
but in her heart there's favour;
and I do need someone kind.
On the road to my own tomb,
I realise...I need a Mom.

The only fitting music, of course, is the Beatles' Let It Be.


hanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.







4 comments:

  1. (((((Andrew)))))
    Praying for grace on this hard day.
    Annie in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((((((Annie!))))))

      Thank you so much for the prayers. Today was really tough.

      Delete
  2. We are covering you in prayer for the pain and for ease in breathing. 🙏 One day, when you lift your arms, Jesus will pull you right up there with Him! Keep looking up! ☝️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, we're so grateful for your prayers (and you guys remain in ours)...I'll keep looking up. He's with me.

      Delete