Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Monday, June 10, 2013

Dreams of the Younger Me

My life didn't go the way I wanted it to, in a lot of ways. Boo hoo.

Seriously, I recently did catch myself feeling sorry for myself, that the grand plans I had when I was young just never came to fruition. I never did a lot of the cool stuff that I thought I was destined to accomplish.

Then I looked around, and saw 24 sets of eyes watching me. And realized that in lamenting my lost past, I was mentally binning a present in which 24 dogs who would otherwise have been killed are living to show their love.

There's more, I guess - books that would not have been written, et cetera, but I stop with the dogs.

Their options - or lack therof - were real. Life and death, blood and bone.

So, youthful dreams, goodbye.

And good riddance. I'm gonna go throw a stick, and see who gets it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment