Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

The Prodigals Among Us (Tell His Story)


 They will do the worst of things,
viciousness to make you weep,
but to our gentle King of Kings
they're the lost and precious sheep
for whom Heaven will rejoice
if after having been astray,
they return, and angel voice
will in triumph mark the day.
And what is it we will have done
as the Good Lord chased them down?
We will be that elder son,
standing, arms crossed, with a frown,
resenting Father's greatest joy,
the once lost and new-found boy?

Music from Lacrae, with Church Clothes

Sylvia will celebrate with anyone, as long as Ice Cream is invited.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

12 comments:

  1. We have prodigals we're praying and hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out not only to the prodigal, but to those who are estranged from them in this kind of disorienting family trauma. Lord, have mercy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, that kind of estrangement from family just hurts so much. Haven't experienced it, but I have seen it up close.

      Delete
  3. As one who was a prodigal I am so grateful that God loves me so much. I have seen so many in many family and friends return to Jesus. I have seen not yet I pray for them as I know my grandparents and parents did for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for having the courage and care to share this.

      Delete
  4. Tending our hearts is paramount, Andrew, whether we are the returning prodigal, the elder son, or the waiting Father.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, too many times I have seen this. Thank you Andrew for these precious words! Mary Hood.

    ReplyDelete