Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, November 30, 2023

Falling Into Grace

 


Last week got busy.

It's strange that we got to see
the measure of God's grace
when occasion came to be
the breaking of Barb's face,
when she fell (it's almost funny)
and hit the hard stall door
en route from seat upon the dunny
to that firm unyielding floor,
but there were friends come to her aid,
and rushed her off to hospital,
and there was nothing that delayed
immediacy of care withal
to show once more and then again
our stories told by God's own pen.

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is LEFT.

On boxing Barb is really hooked
a kind of Rock of Ages cleft,
and this week she's really looked
like she walked into Mike Tyson's left.
The truth is rather more mundane,
a hard fall from the Great White Throne,
but that is harder to explain
(and when explained brings forth a groan),
so it's best to call it fight,
a duel in ring's defining ropes,
a battle royal, Saturday Night
against the malefactors' hopes,
and though Barb has a blackened eye,
you should see the other guy!

Four minutes, bit less for this masterpiece.

Music from Tom Petty, with Freefalling

Sylvia says that before you hit the ground, throw me the ice cream!



15 comments:

  1. Oh no. Poor Barb. That may be funny in retrospect, but I'm sure it wasn't in the moment. Hope her face heals up quickly.❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grams, thanks. It sure wasn't funny in the moment, but humour had helped healing.

      Delete
  2. Oh, no! I hope Barb is feeling better. I'm glad you had friends that were ready to help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, she is better...and very grateful for the friends God placed by her side.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry about Barb! Praying she heals quickly. Thank God there were friends close to help her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, thank you. Barb is healing well, but still pretty sore.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, so sorry, not really funny when inanimate objects jump out on us like that. Praying that she soon looks and feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny in the telling, but definitely not fun or funny to Barb in that moment. The room surrounding the Great White Throne has so many unyielding surfaces--I nearly met one hard edge of the counter the other day when I had a dizzy spell, but caught myself in the nick of time. So glad to know she's okay and on the mend. Thanks for the giggle in the telling of her dethroning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry Barb got so hurt! I've been praying for both of you. May she recover quickly, my friend. Sending gentle hugs and prayers to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrew,
    It’s been a few weeks since I have been here and read your blog. Poor Barb. So she has a black eye? I love your sense of humor and your dog photos.
    💗Terri #9 FMF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! Poor Barb! I'm so sorry about her fall and injury, but glad that help came quickly and there's some humor to soften the blow. So to speak. About a month ago, I tripped and fall absolutely flat on my face which was horribly embarrassing and painful but must have looked cartoonishly funny. So I get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh Barb... I want to see the other guy! :) I'm sure you won the battle. FMF12

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I’m so sorry for Barb! But she gave you some fabulous material for your sonnet this week. I’m glad she is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary Hood here. Finally got to read this. I love how the most serious of serious can be catapults for Holy HaHas! Not sure I'm fully accurate on that, don't quote me. So glad she is okay. Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor Barb! I hope she is healing well and not too bruised elsewhere. Excellent sonnet to the occasion as always! I'm sure you and the dogs were doting!

    ReplyDelete