Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Doors Close





I see the doors a-closin',
but I'm too sick to care.
I am just supposin'
that God don't want me there
in the place where I had dreams
that were not too bad,
but all is cool and it all seems
that I need not be sad,
'cause He done saved all my tears,
and, perhaps, yeah, all my hopes
from the young and wasted years
and I just gotta copes
until I meet Eternity
and He gives them back to me.

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is RESULT.

What will be the end result
of everything you've tried?
We're rabbits from your top hats pulled,
and was your chicken fried?
Did your quest for Elvis' ghost
end up a spectral interview,
with The King as gracious host,
hardly scaring you?
Did you set out to find yourself,
get up from rocking chair,
place timid thoughts upon a shelf,
and find you were not there?
And at the last, did fading eyes
see the Christ who bids you rise?

Didn't know where I was going, there, but five minutes is five minutes.

Music from Bon Jovi, with Who Says You Can't Go Home

Sylvia says that where there's ice cream, that's home.







8 comments:

  1. The result of seeing Christ is everything else fades into nothingness in comparison to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we reach our eternal home, everything else really will fade as we see our Savior face to face. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. “cause He done saved all my tears,
    and, perhaps, yeah, all my hopes
    from the young and wasted years”
    The idea that He saves our tears. It’s unfathomable to comprehend.
    Glad you wrote with #fmf this week.
    Lisa Brittain

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love poetry. And yes, let it flow. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no words pf wisdom, Andrew.
    Praying for you and Barb, and especially for you that you would feel the Lord's comfort, strength, peace, and presence, until it's time to make the final trip home.
    P.S. That top photo takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both poems are beautiful. I'm so comforted that God saves our tears and knows why we cried each one, and I love the thought you expressed that God gives us back all our hopes and dreams when we reach heaven. And I guess they'll be perfected too. Praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All mystery and faith. Bless you for sharing yours. I believe, help me in my unbelief.

    ReplyDelete