Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, May 11, 2023

The Preciousness Of Me


 Let them go, let idols shatter,
strike the chains off and be free.
Know the truth, it doesn't matter,
the cloying preciousness of Me.
Become the clay on Potter's Wheel,
let Him shape with practised hand
into what will be more real,
and then, my friend, please understand
that you are destined for the flame,
the kiln that will refine your heart,
and on your base imprints His Name,
and you'll be fit then to take part
in His Heaven on this Earth,
in moulded fire-formed rebirth.

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is DELIBERATE.

I wanna have de liberation
from the yoke of my own ego,
and happily take on the station
of a bouncing happy beagle,
ears a-flappin' in the breeze,
tongue a-lolling, wet with drool
that sprays around each time I sneeze;
man, that would be really cool.
Chase a stick or chase a ball,
dig an 'Oh, you DIDN'T!' hole,
jump to see beyond the wall
with no worries for my soul
because my faith need not be awed,
'cause backward spell of dog is GOD!

It wasn't what I expected to write, but at three minutes thirty, why not?

Music from U2 (opening in a new window), with I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For .

Watch for Bono trying to break-dance late in the video. It's a hoot.

Sylvia found what she's looking for. McDonald's vanilla ice cream!


23 comments:

  1. Your poems amaze me! I binge read several of your posts. I also never cease to be amazed at your poem-comments on the Steve Laube agency website. May you be given the strength to face life each day, hour, nanosecond… May your joy be divinely protected. May you keep shining brightly. Also, my sincere condolences on the loss of your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much for this! I am so honoured, and so grateful for your affirmation and prayers.

      And thank you for the condolences at my doctor's death. Roland Sanchez was a good friend.

      Delete
  2. You are indeed precious in God's sight and may you know the joy of that beagle today! Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew, today's poem made me smile and laugh. All I can say is that you give new meaning to the expression, "It's a dog's life!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, thank you so much for this. We've recently acquired a hound, very beagle-like in his mannerisms.

      He's sleeping by my bed as I write this at 5am. A rare moment of repose.

      Delete
  4. Being on the Potter's wheel...the imprints of His hands...We are definitely in good hands, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are indeed in good Hands, Lisa.

      I hope He glazes me in Wedgwood blue!

      Delete
  5. The sonnet you wrote on my post made me laugh so hard. Thanks for the chuckles.
    Your poems--whether humorous or deep--are so good. I've saved many of them in my "Andrew" folder. You are a very gifted guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grams, I am honoured beyond words, and that you've saved some of the poems...wow. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Oh, Andrew, I had to chuckle and laugh out loud. My Emotional Support Animal (ESA) fur baby is a spoiled rotten, delightfully amusing beagle named Little Girl. She's hysterical when she sees the McDonald's bag because she knows her very own McNuggets are in there too. I call it her Snoopy dance.
    Continued prayers for you and Barb coming your way.
    FMF#14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, beagles are so wonderful! We have a hound (a kind of Heinz 57 hound), and he goes similarly nuts over Eggo waffles.

      We thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers!

      Delete
  7. Dogs are the best, except God is the best! Ha! Thank you for making me smile at your creativity.🤠

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted that I could give you a smile!

      I think we will find that God made dogs so that when our hearts were lost, we would always have someone to lead us back to Him.

      Delete
  8. Love these poems, Andrew!! The profound one was a little too relevant and the doggie one was a relief after my week. Thanks for sharing. Kath

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sylvia, I'm with you, girl, on the ice cream ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. De liberation was full of delightful surprises. Thank you, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, I am so glad you enjoyed this. Thank you.

      Delete
  11. When I pray for you, I hear "His Eye Is on the Sparrow," by Casting Crowns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Casting Crowns, and His Eye Is On The Sparrow is one of my favourites.

      Though I usually think of Captain Jack Sparrow...

      Delete
  12. Andrew, I especially loved the beauty in your first poem, but I'll say your second one definitely made me smile big. I'm continuing to pray for you and Barb, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blessings, Andrew. So true. It's so good to catch up again. God keeps on teaching us, and that's okay. Sometimes, though, I am pretty slow to learn. And that's alright, too. Have a GOOD day, at least a good-as-can-be day. Smile, Norma

    ReplyDelete