Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Spotlight Of Grace

 


I was out with Belle the Wolf this morning, and saw a patch of mesa spot-lit by the rising sun. Kinda cool.

I stand upon a darkened stage;
the audience have all gone home.
I didn't know that this script-page
said I would be here alone
with the ghosts of broken dreams
and memory of past delights
floating 'midst the shadowed beams,
but Someone still is on the lights
and I hear closing of a switch;
from on high, light-beam comes down
and in its brightness there's grace which
heartens this bruised tired clown,
whose days have come so misbegotten,
with the knowing that he's not forgotten.

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is CHAPTER. Sounds kinda booky.

Chapters come and chapters pass,
some are taut and some are slack,
and some are a pain in the donkey,
but what the heck, you can't go back,
so count the rosebuds while you may,
watch the lizards dash around,
cherish every given day
even if beaten to the ground,
for what you were makes what you are,
a thing of beauty built by God,
and do not think that any scar
makes you ruined, broken, flawed,
'cause great God hath designed you
for repairs with His Own Krazy Glue.

Well, that went somewhere other than planned, but, hey, just under four minutes. Yeah


Music from Mercy Me, with Greater.

Sylvia hopes there's ice cream at the end of that sunray.


28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Grams, seeing that sunrise was an honour.

      Delete
  2. I saw something similar last week, Andrew, and seeing a spotlight on the mountains - for just a moment in time (literally!) is amazing! I'm glad you were able to capture it in a photo to share with us. And I'm glad "Someone is still on the lights." We are never alone for He is always with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really glad to get the picture, Lisa. Normally I don't carry my phone; this morning I did.

      And The Wolf even stood still for a picture!

      Delete
  3. Lovely picture and great poems as always. Just been listening to MercyMe as I write, so I appreciate your song choice too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesley, I am so glad you enjoyed the poems and the song!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate the Krazy Glue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tish, God's Krazy Glue fixes anything...and His Duct Tape... well, WOW!

      Delete
  6. I love that none of us are ever forgotten. Not by the Designer and his Krazy Glue! Great poems, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym, thank you. Yes, it's great that He keeps us in mind!

      Delete
  7. well written Andrew! We need to remember the past builds our future chapter. FMF17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, thank you so much. Sometimes it is hard to see the past building the future, but there is a peace in accepting it.

      Delete
  8. Andrew, I love them both. I'm not good at following the 5 minute rule, but you've done it beautifully. Thanking God for His Krazy Glue, this morning, and thank you for sharing your rich words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The five minute thing...these days I turn it over to God and just type (on my phone).

      What comes out can be unexpected.

      Delete
  9. Love the light photo & the poems Andrew ☺️
    Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. The writer in me likes that God writes our stories in chapters - it makes me feel like I'm in a writing group as exciting as C.S. Lewis and Tolkien - but I don't have to come up with all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maryleigh, yeah, me too... but I see some pretty great ideas in what you write.

      Delete
  11. It's amazing how sunrises always speak to us - no matter how many we have seen, each one brings its own message of hope. Grateful for God's Krazy Glue which not only puts us back together but keeps us together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, for me there's Krazy Glue in that first flash of the sun's corona at the edge of the eastern mountains. Keeps me going. I try to see it every day.

      Delete
  12. Warm greetings to Belle! What a wonderful companion to greet the sun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele, Belle greets you with a happy wolf-WOOF!

      Delete
  13. The photo is amazing, Andrew! Isn't God awesome in having that there for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, as the cancer gets way worse (metastases in both arms and a leg), I am overwhelmed by gratitude for the manifest blessings in my life.

      Delete
  14. Andrew I've been krazy-glued so many times! Love these poems. Prayers to you don't stop even when I am silent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, thank you, and you're always, ALWAYS in my prayers.

      Delete