Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Your Dying Spouse 714 - A Small Gift

This morning when I opened the front door, Navajo Girl was there, waiting for breakfast.

She's owned by a Navajo family down the street, and their other dogs don't like her much; they beat her up when they can.

So she comes here.

There's a history, and what meaning there is to Christmas, maybe it starts with this.


A puppy caught up in the fence,
and when I set her free,
I received my recompense:
she crapped all over me.
She ran back home a-crying,
But this was not the end,
and there’s no denying
That I have made a friend.
In the morn she’ll patient, sit
outside the garden gate
to see how much food I fit
upon her breakfast-plate.
Perhaps this is the Yuletide essence:
a gracious, small and friendly presence.

Music from Jars of Clay, with Love Came Down At Christmas.


Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.







4 comments:

  1. Dear Andrew & Barb, Merry Christmas! Praying for grace to face another day, perhaps even a new year. Only He knows, your life is in His strong, loving hands. Here is a beautiful song for Christmas night (not actually a Christmas song at all, but about Jesus:)
    https://youtu.be/F2tKVqZZiI4
    Hope it blesses you both!

    With love because of the Incarnation, Kathryn in SC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn, this is lovely...thank you so much!

      Yes, it's all in His hands, and like a stray and skittish dog, I have learned to trust. Imperfectly, perhaps, but my tail is wagging.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Jan, thank YOU, for the blessing of your friendship, and your presence here.

      Delete