Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Your Dying Spouse 704 - Que Sera Sera

I won't say it was a terrific Thanksgiving holiday. Barb's friends are in the final stages of packing to move, and another of our senior dogs, Humphrey ('Humphalump'), a Pit Bull, is dying.

And I'm sicker than I was. No feasts for me, in any event. Nibble a bit here and there, and ice-cold light beer to get the swelling and pain down so I can swallow.

Never thought I'd get tired of beer. (Just kidding, I'm not)

I try not to look back. What's done is done, and what's here today, both the obligations and the opportunities (which still arise) deserve my best efforts.

And after that, it's God's decision.


A collision course with destiny,
an intersect with fate.
I was never very good,
and never will be great.
I did my best through every day,
and tried to hearken to the light;
or I thought so, anyway,
but did I get it right?
Someday, one day all too soon
I’ll have to go and meet
the Lord God in His living room,
sitting in His Judgement Seat.
It’s far too late to change my ways,
so I’ll just listen to what he says.

Bet you thought, given the title, that the music would be Que Sera Sera, but I don't really like that song. Instead, here's Daniel Boone with Beautiul Sunday. MUCH more fun.


Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.







4 comments:

  1. Hey Andrew, often the best thing we can do is listen to God. And thankfully, for those who know Him as Father, His judgement (English spelling! ;) )seat will not be condemning.

    I'm praying for you and Barb, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, you are so right (and thank you for the proper English spelling!).

      And we thank you so much for your prayers. Needed.

      Delete
  2. A drew, keep listening. Thats all. I never liked beer, and i hope i never tire of coffee. Love you friend. One friend of mine just went to Heaven. Im a ittle.(lot) envious. He got out of the cocoon and is now enjoying his wings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too, Mary, and I can sure understand the envy of one who now has imperishable wings!

      Thank you so very much for being here.

      Delete