Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Your Dying Spouse 705 - A Long Last Look

The Christmas season. sometimes you look back.

Don't ever look back.

It hurts.

The Christmas lights are shining
through the softly falling snow,
and I find that I am pining
for the not-so-long-ago.
The last warm days of fading fall
contained such love and warmth,
and though I haven’t lost it all,
there is a hole, a dearth.
All good things must go away,
and all good people, too;
in a world gone so astray,
the fact of pain holds true.
I just wish to God I could rewind
and yesterday would yet be mine.

Music from Mike and the Mechanics, with The Living Years.



Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.







4 comments:

  1. (((((Andrew)))))
    (((((Barbara)))))

    Annie in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((((((Annie!))))))

      Thank you so much for being here. Your presence means more than you may know.

      Delete
  2. Andrew, I'm sure that MANY of your cyber-friends are checking here more than once a day. I know I do, and many times I don't post anything because... well... I may have already said what I am able to articulate. You and Barbara are loved and prayed for. Daily, sometimes hourly, maybe even unceasingly.

    Annie in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, I can't tell you how important this is. It's been a dreadful fall in many ways, and I'm personally caught n a gyre of worsening symptoms...and there is no relief to be had. I can't DO this!..but I have to.

      The prayers and thoughts of those who read and appreciate my words are of such great value, and sometimes are the only thing that keeps me going.

      Delete