Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Your Dying Spouse 236 - Unexpected Thanksgiving

We're linked with Messy Marriage's From Messes To Messages - pleas drop by Beth's site to find some really great marriage resources.

This will be rather a short post, because I've been quite ill for the past few days. I apologise.

Caregiving for your spouse is one of the most heartbreaking experiences you can endure. Seeing someone you love change from vitality to a pale shadow of what you remember, seeing pain and possibly things like memory loss - those will wound the strongest soul.

It can be tempting to ask that this cup would pass from you...but it's worth remembering this -

Only a heart that has learned to love and be loved can break. And a breakable heart is, to shamelessly borrow the title of my friend Shelli Littleton's book, "A Gift Worth Keeping"


We wish you and yours the happiest of Thanksgivings!

Much to my surprise, I decided to participate in a '31 Days' blogging exercise; rather than interrupt the flow of this post, I have another blog established, "Starting The Day With Grace". The focus is a grace quote from someone you might not expect (like, say Ariel Sharon) and a short commentary.

And now that October's over...I'm going to keep it going.  I hope you'll join me.

Marley update...he's probably going to be moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.

WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!

He's up over 200,000 signatures, but PLEASE keep the pressure on. If you haven't signed, please do! Please click o his name in the paragraph below.

If you have a moment, I'd like to ask you to visit Change.org to consider a petition to free a 'death row dog' who has been separated from his family for ten months over a misunderstanding. Marley was saved from Afghanistan by a US serviceman; please help make sure this story doesn't end in needless tragedy! Marley's gotten a lot of support...but he still needs our help.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.







8 comments:

  1. A blessed Thanksgiving to you and Barbara, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June, thank you so much! Manifold blessings in return!

      Delete
  2. We give thanks for the abundant mercy of God. His mercies are new every morning.
    I'm encouraged by your words. Despite everything, you are showing up and not giving up. I see great courage and grace in your posts. God bless you and Barbara in a resplendent way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norma, you honour me so greatly...thank you, my friend. Blessings to you and yours, and warmest wishes for a lovely Thanksgiving Day.

      Delete
  3. Dear Andrew, I'm glad you're here, I'm sad you're feeling so terrible though. I pray God will ease your pain and give you a reprieve. What wounds us makes us stronger as we cling to Christ dear friend. Your beloved wife will be stronger because of her love for you and you have softened some because of your love for her. Blessings to you and Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy, thank you...and you're absolutely right. The pain we endure is weakness being forced from the body as long as we do it in Jesus' sheltering love.

      I'm so grateful for this comment. Blessings back, and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. You are a blessing to us and I'm thankful for your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, thank you...and please know that your friendship is a blessing to me, and one for which I thank God daily.

      Best and warmest wishes for Thanksgiving!

      Delete