Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tomorrow Will Be Worse (Five Minute Friday)

Back again for FMF, still trying to blog by Smart Phone...with no other internet access, including email. Sheesh.

Anyway, we're here, and the word is TOMORROW.

I was just thinking about it, actually. Today was ghastly. Lots of blood uncontained when it really should stay, like, INSIDE.

And it hurts. I'm past trying to draw analogies. It is just a presence of pain, no words fitting.

But duties still have their claim, and if each step is hard, it still has to be made.

And tomorrow it all begins again. All I can say is that it's gonna hurt worse, and it's gonna be more tiring.

And that at this time tomorrow, I'll still be here.

It's partly pride,  sure, but there's more. Each step, and I'll call it like it is, each step in something like agony clarifies and refines the soul. It doesn't glorify God...He'd be mighty cruel if He were using it that way...but it gives me a bit more compassion, and perhaps honour in the perseverance.

I'll take that.  And I would not trade these savage tomorrows, because somehow, they're bringing a gift beyond price in their mailed and bloody hands.

I still haven't figured out how to keep access to the phone long enough to answer comments, but please, please do leave them. You guys are my lifeline.

18 comments:

  1. "if each step is hard, it still has to be made" - such a true statement. Take courage brother knowing you have a Savior who took the hard steps, took the pain and paid the cost to give us an everlasting tomorrow without the presence of pain. HE has overcome the world, and you can too. Keep pressing on in hope - Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, thank you...I won't quit. He has nothing broken the trail.

      Delete
  2. Andrew, I always appreciate your honesty so much. Your words hold so much truth and post. I keep coming back to Psalm 30:5 "Weeping may come for the night, joy comes with the morning."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you. Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, the same...not being able to use email, I have missed yours, more than I can say. It will be next month, I hope.

      Delete
  4. 'No words fitting'. I'm just here, sitting with your words, and praying... blessed by your truth and your courage and your transparency. May the comfort of God draw near.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His comfort is here, through the love of my friends.

      Delete
  5. Praying for you even as we speak, Andrew ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linda. The prayers are so very appreciated.

      Delete
  6. Andrew, I'm still praying for you, friend. your courage inspires me, puts things into perspective. Sometimes, I think it's those things we need to fulfill that keep us stepping forward into tomorrow, pain and all. Thank you for your words. For sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, thank you, for the positive thoughts and especially the prayers.

      Delete
  7. Still praying and thinking about you Andrew! Blessings to you...thanks for sharing your heart and soul with us...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, thanks so much...that means a lot to me, especially today.

      Delete
  8. Praying tomorrow isn't worse. Thank you for sharing your life with us. You have many who are "with you"in this! Praying, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, Julie, the love and support of my friends is what's keeping me going.

      Actually wrote a new post on that very topic, just now.

      Delete
  9. This is so hard for those of us who can only watch from a distance (a virtual distance at that!). Lifting you up, Andrew and hoping that--instead of it getting worse each day--God takes that pain and pours His grace down on your head!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adding my prayers for many things, including a good Internet connection!

    ReplyDelete