Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Friday, May 10, 2013

Life With The Apostles



It must have been like herding cats.

Jesus picked the twelve apostles presumably as mankind's current best and brightest (well, except for one of them). There must have been times that He wondered if they could collectively power a night-light.

The argument over primacy. "I'm the leader!"

"No, I am!"

"Wanna take this outside?"

Jesus, sighing. "Guys, the leader of all is the one who serves all."

Haven't I made that clear YET?

In the boat. "Don't you care that we're all going to drown?"

Sigh. That's why I was asleep, so I wouldn't hear you COMPLAINING about it. "Peace, be still."

Satisfied?

Peter, on the water. "Ohmyohmyohmy, SAVE ME!"

You get out of the boat, walk on the water, and then suddenly, what? You switched brains with a cat, or something?

"SAVE ME!"

What do I look like, a flotation device? "Here, take My hand. Why did you doubt?" You thought maybe I was standing on a turtle?

Peter, again. "I'll stand by you to the end!"

To the end of your courage, dear friend, but that's all I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment