Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, September 5, 2024

My Wife The Build-A-Bear


 My wife has so many skills,
juggles crises with great care
soothing church and workplace ills...
Barbara is a Build-A-Bear!
She updates software in her mind,
then passes fixes to IT.
To troubled colleagues she is kind,
good example for the world to see.
She segues to another role
so seamlessly, with a bright smile 
to keep all functional and whole 
in grace and love and peace and style,
and when at last her day is done,
she's everything to everyone.

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is YOUTH.

Forever young is what I'll be,
no point in any other choice.
Pull up a chair and you will see
it in my dancing feet and voice,
'cause growing up is just a bummer,
encroaching on adulting turf.
For me it's always endless summer,
on the beachy road to surf
at Rincon and at Malibu,
point break up at Coal Oil Point,
and if I run into you,
I'll offer up a Maui joint
so we can stay high, young, and strong,
and live our lives all summer long.

Three minutes, and that flowed. Scary.

But, for the record, I don't smoke weed. Never did. The smell makes me puke.

She's certainly everything to Sylvia. And me.








3 comments: