Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, March 2, 2023

On The Day Of Glory



Do you think about Heaven?

Used to be, I didn't. I figured, let it come. Whatever.

But now, wakeful from one in the morning until the dawn, too tired to read or watch a movie, needing to keep the house quiet so I can't work...

Yeah, I think about Heaven.

But mine looks different from what I've heard tell, with grand royal halls and angel choirs.

My Heaven's got more "Awww!" than awe.

My Heaven's more fun.

The cows that soar above the seas
on shining wings of purest gold
upon the day God will release
the greatest stories ever told.
The mice in regal splendour reign,
in purple robes and silver crowns,
and the cats that day will deign
to serve them cheddar, with no frowns.
And there the Son will have no car,
in no carriage shall He pass;
he will place a bright-jewel star
upon the brow of faithful ass
and side by side will walk with him
into the New Jerusalem.

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is REACH. Might be a stretch for me.

Do you think you might reach Heaven
while your feet still walk this Earth?
Do you think good deeds are leaven
to give you just that much more worth?
Do you think it's a reward,
a glimpse into Eternity,
for a life that you bent toward
that which you thought that you should be?
It is not your deeds that give
you entree to the streets of gold,
nor is it the life you live,
doing what you think you're told;
no, my friend, to see that place
is a gift of God's own grace.

Three minutes ten seconds 

But Heaven's not mine yet. I've still got (music courtesy America) some Work To Do.

Sylvia knows there's ice cream in Heaven. How else could it be Heaven?




20 comments:

  1. Andrew, you are so right - "that place is a gift of God's own grace." I am so grateful for His amazing grace poured out on my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do make heaven sound so fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I figure that (like Sylvia's thoughts about ice cream), that if it's not fun it can't be Heaven.

      Delete
  3. it is indeed a gift of God's own grace. :) FMF5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, yes...and grace is a gift God loves to give.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful view of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it'll be better than any words can describe.

      Delete
  5. Love your view of heaven and the reminder that it will be better than anything we can even imagine, and that it's a gift of God's grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym, thank you for this. At the end of a really scary night, it's God's grace that keeps me singing (and His grace that selectively mutes Barb's hearing).

      Delete
  6. Andrew, I love this. Yes I think about heaven a lot. I adore your thought picture. I can see it in my head. Pausing to reflect on your words here dear friend.
    FMF#19

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I'm so delighted that this spoke to you, flying cows and all!

      Delete
  7. I am most grateful that it's not our works that get us into heaven, "but to see that place is a gift of God's own grace."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grams, if it were my works, some of them, even hell wouldn't have me. Grace is all.

      Delete
  8. Andrew I love your view of heaven! And I praise God for this little bit of a glimpse today. So glad you still have work to do and bless us each week with your poems!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrew, your view of heaven makes me smile. It will be fun to see heaven with heavenly eyes, and to see God's creativity on brilliant display. And yes, if it weren't for God's grace, His pursuing us, we would never see His home. Loved your words, my friend. I'm praying for you and Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Andrew. Heaven is all by God's grace. Yes, it has to be far above what we can imagine. I do think about heaven quite a bit. I believe it is a place with no darkness, no tears, no sickness and pain, but you set me thinking about what aspects I would think 'It can't be heaven if..' about. Thank you. #26

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrew, I think about heaven a lot more now that both my parents are there. Will it be fun? How could it not be, so full of joy and all? Still smiling about Sylvia's perspective ... :-)

    ReplyDelete