Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Dancing Day


 I am a hippie and a thug,
and an accomplished dancer,
so watch me while I cut a rug
as I waltz with cancer.
We sashay 'cross the parquet floor
as the band plays on.
My partner herds me towards the door,
but it's not time I'm gone,
for sure not while the grace notes ring,
and mirror-ball shines bright,
and not while my heart can bring
all love and strength into the fight.
I know one day the end must come,
but until then, I'm having fun.

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is CHOOSE. Easy.

On this day I choose to dance,
choose to whirl and pirouette,
and though it feels I have no chance,
this is not over yet.
On this day I choose to smile,
for frowning is a bummer,
and if I last a little while
I'll see another summer.
On this day I choose to write
about the Lord, who is my friend,
with whom I rather tight,
and on whom I depend.
And on this day I choose to laugh;
God's asked me for my autograph!

Two minutes thirty-seven.

Ah, why not. Dancing Queen!

Sylvia will dance for ice cream.



21 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's a day of dancing, laughter, and fun, Andrew! We all need days of refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you! Making the choice for refreshment is really vital.

      Delete
  2. David dance for the Lord and God smiled. Keep on dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you choose to dance!
    Sometimes I can only prance.
    When things get hard for me,
    I choose to go to the knee.

    Sorry! I'm not a very good poet, but thought I'd try one out for you! Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allie, I love your poem! Thank you so much.

      It has been a beautiful day, and your poem's part of the shine.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you choose to show up here each week and bless us with your humor and poems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, thank you. In truth, Five Minute Friday gives back to me more than I can express.

      Delete
  5. Dance on, Andrew! (FMF #15)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauri, I can't keep from dancing... though I do try to refrain from singing. Seeing five dogs trying to hide under the sofa's no joke.

      Delete
  6. Having Jesus as our friend is certainly reason to dance! Dance away …

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Jesus is the best dance partner! Though I did have to get used to cutting a rug with another Dude...

      Delete
  7. Keep on dancing, Andrew.
    Your sonnets always inspire and encourage me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful that you keep choosing to dance and smile, and to write your fun and insightful sonnets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym, honestly, these are the best and brightest days of my life. However it goes, it's worth today.

      Delete
  9. Love your last line, God asked me for my autograph!

    And I'm amazed you did that in 2.37 minutes! My hat is off to you, sir!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerralea, I'm so happy that you liked this.

      The speed kind of amazed me, too. I do this on a Smartphone, and my hands have the size and dexterity of a bunch of bananas.

      Delete
  10. Oh Andrew I love the picture of you dancing with cancer! I love your positive, joyful attitude and testimony for God. I can't wait to see you cut that rug in heaven with your new body!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen Andrew 🙏🏻. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing you dance for our Father, maybe I'll join in. Continued prayers coming to you and Barb
    Visiting today from #TellHisStory

    ReplyDelete
  12. Disco? Ballroom? Break dance? Cha-cha? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete