Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, January 19, 2023

My First Music Video, And Cows


 


Do you think one might teach a cow,
so sweet-natured and serene,
to pull a harrow or a plow
or some other farm machine?
Do you think they have the strength
in their shoulders, with no lack,
to bear that burden at some length,
forth and back and forth and back?
Do you think they might enjoy
such trusted focused labour
to work direct in man's employ
and thus return the favour
by which their virtues are made clear
by their Chinese Zodiacal year.

And here's a 'special' treat!

I don't do current photographs, for a number of reasons, but Barb and I put together a Facebook avatar that is accurate to the extreme.

So if you want to know what I look like, click here.

It should open in a new tab.

And, also on Facebook, here's my first music video!

This should also open in a new tab. I hope.

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is DOUBT.

When doubt invades my hasty heart,
and I know not if I'll be healed,
I find I must become a part
of that which Scripture has revealed,
for God gave up His only Son,
soul of soul and breath of breath
to become the only one
who could redeem us by His death.
And we are thus constrained to walk
the Via Dolorosa road,
to do far more than talk the talk, 
but bend beneath the load
that may be fatally required
that others are by faith inspired.

Less than five minutes. OK.

Very ill as I write this. Fever and chills. Syl is watching over me, pleased not to have to share her ice cream.



 


35 comments:

  1. I like what you wrote. It made me think. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rishie, thank you so much. I liked you post, too.

      Delete
  2. That is so not what I thought you looked like!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your avatar, and excellent song choice - I always like musicals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lesley, thanks! When I could still get about, I once horrified Barb by singing and dancing I Feel Pretty at the grocer's.

      It did draw a crowd.

      Delete
  4. Andrew, I am so sorry you are not feeling well & will be praying for you today. Keeping taking your doubts to the Lord, for He will draw near to you and assure you of His Presence with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, thank you so much. It's been a really rough night. I suspect a relapse of malaria, that gift that keeps on giving.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear that you're having a really rough time. Praying that your health will improve.
    Love your poetry - as always - and your avatar!
    Just stopped by from FMF#17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, thank you... I'm do grateful for your prayers, and delighted that you liked the poems and avatar.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Doubt poem, Andrew! FMF #22

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your music video - an excellent song choice! Sorry that you are feeling so rough today. Praying for you, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym, I'm delighted that you liked the song, and very grateful for your prayers.

      Delete
  8. A beautiful poem. A mystery too how you are able to inspire so creatively when your body is inflamed and tortured. I’m sorry for the cross you bear and grateful you don’t bear it alone. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this. The truth is, I was born to this path, and though that realization was hard (I wanna live in Beverly Hills and drive a Maserati!), I really wouldn't change anything.

      Delete
  9. Oh my friend! Sending you love and prayers. Love the new avatar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s me Tara! :)

      Delete
    2. Tara, I am SO HAPPY to see you again! And so glad you like the avatar; Barb worked hard to make it look like me.

      Delete
  10. So much fun! Thanks Andrew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just watched your music video. Keep writing. Just saying. 😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, you just gave me tears of laughter. Thank you, my dear, dear friend!

      Delete
  12. The thing about cows is, they can't talk back. Unfortunately we can. I can't see your videos as I am not on fb right now. Learning how to be quiet (I am not a cow). I have moooo-aned enough I fear. Anyhoo, I am learning, painstakingly to walk the walk. Great poems and I know your voice is exactly what God made it to be, so keep singing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, cows do talk back. We live on open rangeland, and one day a young bull wandered into the yard and began eating Barb's prize desert willow.

      I yelled at him, he bellowed back, and then he sulkily moved on.

      Gotta write a song about that.

      Delete
  13. So happy to see you Andrew. It's been a while since I've been around here. So I'm happy to visit with you today. Blessings to you and Barb
    FMF#27

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula, I am delighted to see YOU!

      Blessings back!

      Delete
  14. Amen to that second poem. It really spoke to my heart. And your video gave mr a good chuckle. So happy you have your voice back, and that it's good and strong at that. I remember some years ago when Joe was still alive and requested special prayers for you because tumors(?) in your throat(?) had caused you to lose your voice. Glad those prayers were answered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grams, thank you for this. I am so glad to have a voice again... it's intermittent...and to put it to good use.

      Delete
  15. On point, as always, Andrew. I love both poems but was very moved by the second one. Lots to chew on there. Kath, visiting from #34 this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kath, thank you so much. It's been an awful week, and I have not yet reached your post, but I will try.

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Linda, I will be opening for Mercy Me; their band name says it all as to audience reaction to my singing.

      Delete
  17. Lost for words after the facebook experience, but as always your doubt poem makes a lot of raw sense. Thank you for your honest, humour and your faith. x

    ReplyDelete