Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Your Dying Spouse 752 - Paul's Dead, And I'm Not

This morning, as I was getting ready to walk Roscoe (aka Yellow Boy, the abandoned Pit who literally leapt into my arms just before Christmas), the poem below came into my head, in full. I just had to write it down.

Its thesis is the urban legend in 1967, that Paul McCartney had died and was replaced by a lookalike ('WIlliam Campbell'), that some of the more popular songs contained hints, and that if you played certain songs backwards you'd be clued in. (You can find out a bit more here.)

I'd always thought that was pretty hokey, and consciously paid it no heed...but apparently my subconscious saw things differently, and has now the satisfaction of speaking out.


A glorious perplexity,

conundrums up the Great Yazoo
have surely put a hex on me,
and I don’t know what to do.
If you play it backwards,
you’ll hear that Paul Is Dead,
but is that harbinger towards
the world that lies ahead?
I am scared to try the thing,
for what about causality?
Could my actions somehow bring
this curse to dread reality?
And if played forward, immediate-after,
will Paul rise, to cheers and laughter?

The odd thing is that the whole thing was in fact deliberate; these were some rather young English boys just having fun.

For a musical selection, how about Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band...in the second verse, you'll hear 'the one and only Billy Shears', which is a play on words ("Billy's here.") introducing Paul's 'lookalike replacement', William Campbell.

Isn't this a lot more fun than reading about cancer or COVID-19?


I do try to answer each comment in a timely fashion, but with Internet providers really stretched, I have only about half of the access I once did. Please bear with me!

Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.










No comments:

Post a Comment