Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Your Dying Spouse 512 - Losing A Pal

RIP Yoda, my beloved little boy, a buckskin Pit, always so gentle and kind, always ready for a game or a cuddle.



He preferred cuddles.

I found him at the pound, on the day he was to be killed. He was playing with two young children, in the fading light of that last afternoon.

The staff waived the adoption fee. They said, "Get him out of here!"

It was a wonderful decade, after that.

Wait a while, my friend, and I will follow you.

Soon.

Looking forward to it.

Cancer's taken my hope. You can live without hope. But this, this broke my heart.

Music from Melissa Manchester, with Through The Eyes Of Love.



Please pardon my slow response to comments. I do my best, and your comments are really precious to me. Barb is answering many of them now. I'm running on fumes, if you don't mind a macho metaphor.

I'm grateful for the energy to have written this. I'm so glad Barbara's stepped in for many of my posts. I'm really not doing well at all.

Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.







11 comments:

  1. (((((Andrew)))))
    (((((Barbara)))))
    (((((Yoda)))))

    Point to the Great Reunion across the Rainbow Bridge.

    Love from Annie in Texas (owned by a Second Chance cat named Gabby)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((((((((((((((Annie!)))))))))))))))

      The Rainbow Bridge awaits. I'm ready.

      And we are transplanted West Texans, blown by a blue norther to New Mexico, but always Texas Proud.

      Love to you and Gabby!

      Delete
  2. Dear Andrew and Barbara, I have never commented before on your blog but I don't want to miss the chance to tell you how much you and your thoughts have encouraged me. I used to read your comments over at "Mundane Faithfulness" (Kara T.) and wondered who was this creative, articulate person? Then I found your blog perhaps 4-6 months ago and have been praying for you ever since and Barbara, too :) It is so amazing to me how you can grow to love someone you have never met in person yet have the privilege to get to know their heart via a blog. And especially since I am in entirely different circumstances: my husband and I are 60 and 62 with 2 "kids" 18 and 20 that we love dearly but these are challenging days of dealing with rebellion and poor choices. So we pray...and pray some more! A wonderful thing is that all the love, grace, truth and comfort of God that you share on your blog totally apply to us in our life. In YOUR trials you have encouraged me in OUR very different trials. And I am so sorry about your doggie :( [Our little Morkie, Zoe, goes to the vet tomorrow to have a lump checked out; so we are dog people like you all] Anyway, Andrew and Barbara, this is going too long but I didn't want to miss you even though we shall meet one day in heaven. Praying for grace and peace despite the pain. "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain."~~Phil. 1:21

    I love you all! In the bonds of Christ,
    Kathryn in South Carolina
    P.S. My DH lived in New Mexico for high school and college!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn, thank you so much for these kind, grace-filled words...and it was not too long by any means. We would have enjoyed reading about your life, loves, and faith for hours.

      We're just so honoured that you're here, and we thank God that Mundane Faitfulness arranged this meeting. Kara is so special; and Andrew looks forward to telling her in person, before too long.

      We'll be praying for your kids, if we may; when he was eighteen Andrew flew a small aeroplane through a set of main transmission lines, a matter of 250,000 volts. It does explain a lot about him, now, that rather complete electric charge. That is certainly an age of questionable choices.

      And we'll be praying for oe.

      Love from everyone here, dogs included (we have a kind of sanctuary for cast-offs), here in Belen, New Mexico, Land of Enchantment.

      Delete
  3. Oh Andrew, what a severe loss for you to bear ...

    I am so very saddened this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you so much. Your words, and your presence here, mean the world to me.

      Delete
  4. Dear Andrew and Barbara -
    Like Kathryn, I arrived at your blog via Mundane Faithfulness. What a joy and encouragement both have been to my heart. I am challenged to love bigger and more faithfully and with a sustaining joy through the words and life you have shared. Thank you for your faithfulness! Also, like Kathryn, I am amazed at the love you can feel for someone(s) that you have never met and won't meet on this side of eternity. But...then I am challenged in that thought too, because love is what is eternal, it never ends because "love is of God" and He is not held in the trappings of time.
    Thank you for the opportunity to be blessed by your honesty and challenged by your charge to press on.
    In Christ,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, we are so honoured...more than we can say.

      And that God is not held in the trappings of time...that is so very, very true, and lovely.

      Thank you.

      Delete
  5. I am less able to speak these days, but please know I care and am sad for your loss. The love for Yoda and life communicates itself in your words. GBU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Norma, thank you so much...and please know that you are ever in my thoughts and prayers. Knowing you is a blessing beyond words.

      Delete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose a special pet.

    I can't comment often anymore, but know that I still read every post you write. And I often think of you and Barbara and pray for you both.

    ReplyDelete