Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Monday, August 27, 2018

Your Dying Spouse 509 - A Blessing Named Barbara

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Barbra is such a huge blessing to me.

She has courage without arrogance.

She gives compassion without sentimentality.

She is tolerant and does not count the cost.

She is gracious without being superior.

I'm too ill to write more today, but I think this is a pretty good list - don't you?

Here is a picture of Barb with he Dachshund, Bray. They are inseparable.


Music is from Boy Meets Girl, with Waiting For A Star To Fall.


Please pardon my slow response to comments. I do my best, and your comments are really precious to me. Barb is answering many of them now. I'm running on fumes, if you don't mind a macho metaphor.

I'm grateful for the energy to have written this. I'm so glad Barbara's stepped in for many of my posts. I'm really not doing well at all.

Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.






If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.









20 comments:

  1. That's so sweet. ❤ I love that. Nice to hear meaningful things others think of us. Sometimes just the thing we need. Praying for you two tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this, Emily. And we really appreciate the prayers!

      Delete
  2. What a great list and tribute about Barbara! She's certainly earned those remarks, but it's always so good to hear it be declared by the spouse. Sadly, not many spouses take the time to offer these kinds of affirmations, Andrew! So, even though you are distracted by pain, you still take the time to show love and concern for her! You make a great team and inspiration to us all! Prayers for you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, I truly wouldn't know how to NOT praise Barb to the skies!

      Thank you so much for the prayers.

      Delete
  3. I'll bet she's happy to see your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm giving you my best this evening by praying for you, Andrew and Barbra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, we are so grateful for the prayers...and for your presence here.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful love story!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, thank you...and there's more to it. We were married, divorced (because I was a self-absorbed jerk), and remarried. One day I'll write of this.

      Delete
  6. What precious words to and for your wife! Praying for you all Andrew!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary, for being here, and for your prayers.

      Delete
  7. I think those words for and about Barbara are the most perfect ever! It's been so wonderful to see how you've each blessed the other throughout these years and tough latest days. And, in turn, you have both been a blessing and a testimony to all of us out here. Much love and prayers from me and Jerry. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, were' so honoured by this...it's a team effort to the end.

      And we so appreciate the prayers...love back, from both of us to both of you!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Norma, my dear friend, thank you so much...and please know that you are in our prayers.

      Delete
  9. I'm so glad you have Barbara! What a lovely woman she is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, me too...and my alternate song choice was "Isn't She Lovely"!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Joe, please pardon my delayed reply...and thank you so very, very much!

      Delete