Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Your Dying Spouse 408 - The Love

Hate mate sometimes be justifiable...certainly it felt so today, with very bad chest pain and shortness of breath. I hated what was happening; truly loathed it.

(Not angina, I think...it's swelling in the area of my pancreas, pressing on my diaphragm, heart, and lungs. Or something.)

But understandable or not, we can't let hate block love; at best, hate's a narrow path along a ridge, with an unclimbable abyss on both sides.

And it's so easy to slip into the depths of bitterness.

So concentrate, dear caregiver (and dear patient...and dear everyone) on the love in your life.

I have love, and when I think of it the anger goes away?

I have Barbara.

I have the dogs.

I have a whole host of friends I will not meet in this life, whose support has carried me across more miles than I can count.

I have love received, and more important, far more important, love that I can give.

How can life be better?

And what better music to go with this than the Fab Four, with All You Need Is Love?


Please pardon my slow response to comments. I'm doing my best, and your comments are really precious to me.

Still hoping to get the new and improved version of Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart up and running in the near future. Just haven't had the energy to do it yet...but if you would like to read it, please say so in your comment and I'd be glad to send you a PDF (which should fit your Kindle).

I have another blog, "Starting The Day With Grace". The focus is a grace quote from someone you might not expect (like, say Mick Jagger) and a short commentary. I hope you'll join me.



Marley update... been moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.

WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

And marley has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.









6 comments:

  1. And then of course, there's the perfect love of Jesus Christ which transcends every bit of human love possible. Truly the most amazing--almost unimaginable when I stop and dwell on it.

    Blessings to you and yours friend.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed so, Christy...His love does transcend everything! And it is unimaginably awesome.

      Blessings back, and thank you so much for being here. We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jan. Love back, and we hope your Thanksgiving brought you joy.

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you both! Psalm 100 today.

    -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, the Psalm is perfect! Even as I write, the dogs are indeed making a joyful noise.

      Love from everyone here, and wishes that you had a Thanksgiving full of warmth, love, and laughter.

      Delete