Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Your Dying Spouse 337 - Rising Above

I have to apologise, this will be ery short. A couple of awful days put paid to what I wanted to write.

But I do have a suggestion for you...if you haven't seen it yet, rent or buy the film Passengers.

It's a really terrific exposition about what we can do to rise above the bad things that happen to us...or are done to us.

Here's the trailer. The movie is far better, and far deeper, than these few minutes indicate. I'll write a bit more on this, strength permitting, later this week.



10 comments:

  1. No need to apologize, friend. When you feel up to it, write your heart out. When you don't, give yourself that grace.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thanks so much. I do so want to bear witness to God's goodness, even in the worst of days...while I can.

      Delete
  2. Andrew, I hope the situation improves soon. Prayaing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norma, thank you so much. It's got to get better...but today was nothing short of awful. Have to hit bottom and bounce, right?

      Delete
  3. I wonder how many of us who visit you here want to scream out, "C'mon, God, give him some comfort!"

    *raises hand*

    Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, you just brought a ray of golden light to a very dark day and evening...thank you so much for this.

      Delete
  4. Andrew, I'm praying. Throughout each day, friend. And that movie looks fascinating. Thanks for the recommendation, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, I so appreciate the prayers. As I write this (evening of Wednesday July 20)...the day was just dreadful.

      I think you'll like the movie. It's deep, nuanced, and really well-made.

      Delete
  5. Hope you feel better this day. Thanks for the movie suggestion. I will give it a go. Seems all have some major obstacle to overcome at one time or another. I am rooting for YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophia, you've given me such a lift! Thank you!

      And I really hope you'll enjoy 'Passengers' as much as I did.

      Delete