Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Gimli's Lament


Yes, I am an imposing person.

Not, unfortunately, Dwayne-Johnson-imposing.

With a height of 68 inches and a shoulder span of 28 inches, I look a lot more like Gimli

Athletics always were my thing,
a kind of comforting home port,
and I had a lot to bring
to most every contact sport
with its grunting and its sweat,
anxious doctor standing by,
but I say in truth I've yet
to see dudes messed up to die.
We all did this for its sake
'cause dames did not stand by to see
faces mashed, hear femurs break;
at the beach they'd rather be,
but when you're wide as you are tall
you just don't do beach volleyball.

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is LIMIT.

Not feeling too well this morning, do may I offer a haiku?

Limitless skies of desert winter
surrender to warm haze
of spring.

Sylvia's short and wide too. She doesn't mind.



6 comments:

  1. I find humor in the post Andrew. After walking unkind, other peoples self-serving roads of importance, grey humor probably escapes many. 🤭 Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no longer getting your blog posts to my email, for quite some time now; unsure as to why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. true that. I grinned! :) FMF11

    ReplyDelete
  4. May Sylvia teach you to be content short and wide, and eat ice cream. 😊Mary Hood

    ReplyDelete
  5. and Spring asks for more ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete