Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Not In Shame

On this Thanksgiving Day, I'm grateful for the end of pride.

I've had several bad falls lately, causing concussions, and now, while walking the dogs, I wear a hard hat. It looks dorky, but believe me, TBI is dorkier still.

If the poem seems familiar, it's because I wrote it as a comment for last week's Five Minute Friday home page, with the prompt HIDE.

It does say all I need to say.

Infirmity is something that
I would prefer to hide,
but now I wear a hard hat
when I walk outside.
My cancer'd leg will let me down,
so I won't be fussing;
even though I look the clown,
it's better than concussion,
and so I'd like to say to you
that there's no need for shame
in doing what you have to do,
just treat it as a game,
and go on with your head held high,
and bid your prickly pride goodbye.

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is NOURISH. Alrighty then.

Each little congregation
is in a constant lurch,
so go ye, take your station,
and nourish your small church.
Take up a chosen ministry,
or go where you are sent
to serve, on Earth, Eternity,
and live the sacrament
of being hands and heart of Christ,
of spreading the good news;
some see it as sacrifice,
but you won't sing the blues,
for you'll see God's smiling face
when you're cheerful in your place.

Five minutes, plus a few seconds.

Music from Brewer and Shipley, with One Toke Over The Line.

Sylvia doesn't care if I look dorky. First things first, like ice cream.



 

8 comments:

  1. oh, something is weird with the formatting Andrew! But yes, sometimes pride needs to fall the wayside when other things are more important. No concussions eh?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, I have been fighting the formatting... but no more concussions!

      Delete
  2. It is always good when pride meets death. I hope you have a better week, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you so much, and apologies for the formatting issues. I don't know yet what is happening.

      Delete
  3. Not one day is like the other. Each day is a gift to appreciate. With our eyes, we see the world. With our hearts, we feel life’s vibrations. A life filled with gratitude is a sweet awareness of the day’s blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't read this. There's something wonky in your formatting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, I am trying to figure it out. I may have to go to WordPress.

      Delete