Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, August 17, 2023

Cordon Blue




Above you can find Belle the Wolf, Red the Heeler, and Cocoa Chihuahua.

Barb is wearing the red blouse.

And Barb, having had her gallbladder removed, is slowly on the mend. There are people who say you can be playing golf two days after surgery. They are idiots.

But anyway.

Eating is hard these days. I'm limited to rice (with butter, salt, and pepper, or brewer's yeast powder), and frozen pizza singles. It keeps me going.

But I remember McDonald's soft serve ice cream, with chicken nuggets and BBQ sauce.

Let's try this, and let's try that,
kung pao sauce might be an aid
for something tasting kinda flat
the way they said it should be made.
Let's try cashews, and ice cream,
and some provolone too.
All of this might make it seem
something that is Cordon Bleu!
And maybe add a dash of wine
right straight from the Walmart box.
This is certain to refine
the stylish way that this meal walks,
but if at end it's gonna fall,
tabasco sauce will save it all!

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is MOMENT. Well, just give me one to think...

It seems like it was just a moment
ago, receding now unto the past
when cancer still had yet to foment
the bitter end to my respast
of chicken a la microwave
(and sometimes Alice Springs!),
of fish and chips of which I'd rave
and many other things.
Yes, I know we eat to live,
and do not live to eat,
but there's a lot that I would give
for some flame-seared meat
and some taters, fried so crisp!,
but I daren't take that risk.

Unless I want some really nasty dunny time, that is.

Four minutes plus, but less than five.

Music from Jimmy Buffett, with (what else) A Cheeseburger In Paradise 

As long as it's got ice cream, Syl is good to go, and her pals will finish the rest.


26 comments:

  1. Praying for grace for you and Barb, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you so much...and there is grace overflowing in a simple bowl of rice.

      Delete
  2. A diet change is chal)engine enough when it is a choice. Maybe more so when there is no choice. I pray for you and Barbara that you endure these afflictions with grace. Are you gone from Twitter (X)? I found you on Facebook. I don't engage there but occasionally and remain anonymous. I will now more so to find you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you're right... the change in diet can be tough. It's coffee that I think I miss most of all, that and Monster Energy.

      I haven't used Twitter in years. Never really understood the dynamics, and only understand FB a little bit better.

      Delete
  3. Dietary changes are never easy but even harder when there are few options. May the Lord help you both with the limitations. And may the Lord bring healing after Barb's procedure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, the diet actually got more restricted since I wrote this. I am just glad to be alive.

      And thank you so much for the prayers. Barb continues to heal, albeit more slowly than she might wish.

      Delete
  4. I love the photos Andrew. I am sorry for your suffering. I am praying for you. Terri #5 FMF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, thank you so much! It was so cool to discover that the phone could take pictures.

      When it hurts, I think of Jesus, and all He had to go through.

      Delete
  5. Precious photo of Barb and the pup. Glad she's back home and on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grams, she does photograph well, and is even lovelier in person.

      She continues to heal. She wishes it went faster.

      Delete
  6. And here I am feeling sorry for myself because of my dietary limitations lately. Guess I need to count my blessings instead of the foods I have to give up or limit. But seriously, I'm so sorry eating is so hard lately. Praying for you, and for Barb as she recovers from the surgery. And I promise to say a special prayer for you next time I have fish & chips - one of my favorite meals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym, any dietary limits are hard! I had to go gluten free for awhile, and sample life without Miller Time. Yuck!

      We really appreciate the prayers, and enjoy the fish & chips!

      Delete
  7. I have my things I need to avoid to not have that... well... you know. :) I hope you find ways to enjoy what you are limited to though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annette, I'm lucky to be Asian, and apparently hard-wired to enjoy rice.

      Delete
  8. I empathise too after my heart op I have to be so careful about what I eat no more fast food for me. So nice to see your dogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Leisa! Heart surgery, that's no joke.

      We're so glad you enjoyed the pictures.

      Delete
  9. Glad to see your family. Sure hope Barb is recovering well. Thank you for continuing to write and share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, and so glad you enjoyed the family pictures!

      Delete
  10. I have fond memories of Chicken Cordon Blue in the microwave and sometimes from the oven! :) I love that melted/burnt on cheese. Alice Springs chicken from Outback is also pretty amazing! I hope you have one of the above soon! <3 Jennifer, FMF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I once learned to make Alice Springs Chicken, and the cool mustard sauce. My hope for a remission is based on eating this again, and I will bet God is laughing.

      Delete
  11. Not eating is pretty tough. One of my daughters can't eat at all, completely tube fed, and it's a tough gig. I'm glad you can still find pleasure in other things, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrew, I loved seeing the pics and putting faces to some of the names of your dogs. Not eating IS tough. I'm sorry your diet is so limited now. I have a loved one who has been having side effects to certain foods and is making changes to what they eat. I'm continuing to pray for you and Barb, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, thank you for this. I'm just grateful that I have a way forward, constricted though it may be.

      I'm so glad you enjoyed meeting part of the crew!

      Delete