Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Merry Christmas!

 Who says beloved Christmas carol can't be updated?


In the bleak midwinter

(well, 'bleak' may be a reach),

I did find faith's center

while drinking on a beach.

 

In far-off Jamaica

I beheld the Face

of my Lord and Saviour,

and I felt the Grace

 

of the love I knew did come

from His sweet sad eyes;

no, dude, it was not the rum,

nor the tropic skies.

 

True, it was, as true can be,

the love that flowed on down

from most Holy God to me

outside Kingston Town.

 

Lime Cay's where I found the strength

to put off bad old ways

and learned to measure my life-length

in hope, and not in days.

 

Thus, what off'ring can I bring,

how can I play my part?

Hey, now, I know just the thing,

my mended rum-soaked heart.


Music from Christafari, with Angels, We Have Heard On High.


Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.











8 comments:

  1. "and learned to measure my life-length

    in hope, and not in days." ,,,, oh how I LOVE LOVE LOVE this quote

    -something I am hoping to attain to in my life. And though some might say "love" would be a better goal of measurement...I think that even the HOPE of love must come first, so there's that.

    Praying for you both, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, I'm so glad this resonated with you!

      Good point about 'love' being pehaps a better measurement...I id think of it, but the phrase 'to journey in hope' had stuck in my mind earlier, so I used it.

      We thank you so much for your prayers, and hold you in ours.

      Delete
  2. Dear Andrew, so thankful God mended your heart! I haven't forgotten you & your dear Barb; I'm hoping from a previous post that you are giving her increased blessings of caring for & ministering to you:) You have been a gift to each other! Now I pray God will give you both a blessed, joyful Christmas because He came down and "dwelt among us".

    Love in our incarnate savior,

    Kathryn in SC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn, thank you so much for this...and yes, I am trying to be more minul of Barb's need to offer care and ministry (in several manifetations of that term).

      We thank you so much for your prayers!

      Delete
  3. Grace came. . . .that's enough. Merry Christmas to you and Barb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Norma...you're so right. The coming of grace is indeed enough.

      Delete
  4. Don't you just love how God meets us where we are? I'm so grateful ...

    Let's see what He has in mind for 2021!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I share your gratitude for God's willingness to meet us where we are...even when where we are ain't pretty.

      I think 2021 will be a year for miracles.

      Delete