Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Monday, November 18, 2019

Your Dying Spouse 698 - Keep Your Heart Merry

Yes, it's been a time of sorrow.

Barb's Da died.

Two of my service dogs died within 20 hours of each other.

Barb's dearest friends - her local family - are moving away on December 3rd.

As for me, well, my neck's so swollen I am starting to look like the Michelin Man, and my singing debut a couple of weeks ago will serve as my swan song.

But you can't let that get you down.

You have to keep smiling, for there is hope in the Morning.

Merry Heart Does Good Like a Medicine. Proverbs 17:22 

Yes, I am a jester
and sometimes play the fool,
with humour I will pester,
and I know that I am cool.
I know that life is tragic
and can be quite a trial,
but still, I think there's magic
in bringing out a smile.
Father Adam did not understand
that ignorance is sometimes bliss,
and taking knowledge from Eve's hand
was the serpent's fatal kiss.
It's a fallen world, but needn't mope;
God bids us laugh, to help us cope.


Here are The Bangles, with Manic Monday.


Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback soon.

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

Marley, the canine waif from Afghanistan, whom WE helped save, has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.










15 comments:

  1. Sorry for your losses! And so true--there is magic in bringing on a smile. God knows what we need to cope so we don't mope. That will make me smile all day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, thank YOU...for your kind words, and for being here.

      Delete
  2. I cannot match your poetic flair, but I will provide a quick limerick!

    There is a blogger named Andrew
    Whose posts I love to scan through
    With his final breaths
    He shares wisdom and depth
    And his attitude is always can-do

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog each day, and am always amazed at your gratefulness for each and every moment. Your love reaches out to more than you may ever realize!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, wow...thank you so much for this. I'm honoured, humbled...and you just made my day!

      Delete
    2. Anne, wow...thank you so much for this. I'm honoured, humbled...and you just made my day!

      Delete
  4. Andrew,you are an inspiration to all of us who read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, friend. You and Barb have been through a lot these past few weeks. You've been, and continue to be, in my prayers.

    Your poem has so much in it. It spoke to my heart. All of it resonated with me, but this line struck me: "and taking knowledge from Eve's hand
    was the serpent's fatal kiss." I have never seen this biblical event in this way. Thank you for making me think, my friend.

    Your words are a blessing and a balm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanne, I am so glad that you found something of use and value here...thank you for letting me know, and we thank you especially for your prayers.

      Delete
  6. Have not forgotten you & Barb! Andrew, despite all your pain & suffering & trials, I pray that God will give you anticipatory joy thinking of heaven and His presence. You have encouraged so many--thank you, dear brother & friend. May He bless you today with every spiritual blessing in Christ!

    Love & prayers, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn, thank you so much for these loving, grace-fille words, and for your prayers. You are a blessing in our lives.

      Love back!

      Delete
  7. I contracted hpv' i was told there is no hpv cure except treatment to control it, i totally lost of hope all i could think loosing my life because it was so embarrass for been hpv patient. some weeks ago i read possible natural cure which was guarantee And I ordered the treatment after one week i got 100% cure. I'm so excited to shear this testimony to every article for others living with hpv there is possible natural treatment to eliminate the virus email Dr Onokun, his herbal clinic address; Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete