Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Your Dying Spouse 429 - Caregiving's Release {#adventphoto2017}

When the angel gave Mary her future, she had a lot of adjustments to make.

She didn't expect to be with child before marriage, for a start...a terribly had burden in the society of the day (and not much easier now).

She would have expected the life of a woman of the time, running the household of her husband Joseph, gaining respect from the other wives through the passing years.

And as the Mother of The Incarnate God, now she had to release all of that into the great mystery that held her.

She would always be singular, never one of the gang.

And that is what caregiving is like, because, like Mary, the caregiver holds life in her hands.

Music from Josh Groban, with What Child Is This.



Today's keyword for Advent-Photo-A-Day is release.


Previous posts in this series are

December 4 - A Caregiving Home
December 6 - A Caregiver's Vision
December 8 - A Caregiver's Renewal
December 12 - A Table In The Presence
December 14 - Into The Mystery
December 16 - A Caregiver's Open Arms

Please pardon my slow response to comments. I'm doing my best, and your comments are really precious to me.

I'm really not doing well at all.

Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback in a few days!

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

I have another blog, "Starting The Day With Grace". The focus is a grace quote from someone you might not expect (like, say Mick Jagger) and a short commentary. I hope you'll join me.




Marley update... been moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.

WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

And marley has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.






2 comments:

  1. I guess all mothers are caregivers, but it's easier knowing your baby will grow up than knowing someone you love will die. Mary sure had a difficult job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure did, Jan. I can't remotely imagine.

      Delete