Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Friday, December 15, 2017

Your Dying Spouse 425 - A Caregiver's Whole Heart {#adventphoto2017}

Mary was a caregiver.

She knew the path that her baby would have to grow to walk, and while she knew that God would strengthen His Son, she didn't know how that strengthening would manifest.

She knew that He was in her care, and whatever God did, she also had to give her whole heart in raising Jesus to be strong or the human journey he faced.

So too, the caregiver for a terminally ill husband or wife.

God is preparing me as I walk ever further into my personal inferno; but I need Barb's help, too, perhaps more than she knows.

I need to hear that each day that I fight my hardest is worthwhile, however little I accomplish in the business of life. I need to hear that the contributions I can still make are valued, and notmeasured against what I could do before, but are taken as the greatest gift I can give now, under the present fell circumstance.

I need her whole heart of faith and hope and love, because I can't do this alone.

Music is from 3 Doors Down, with Kryptonite. Rock on!



Today's keyword for Advent-Photo-A-Day is whole.


Previous posts in this series are

December 4 - A Caregiving Home
December 6 - A Caregiver's Vision
December 8 - A Caregiver's Renewal
December 12 - A Table In The Presence

Please pardon my slow response to comments. I'm doing my best, and your comments are really precious to me.

I'm really not doing well at all.

Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback in a few days!

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

I have another blog, "Starting The Day With Grace". The focus is a grace quote from someone you might not expect (like, say Mick Jagger) and a short commentary. I hope you'll join me.


Marley update... been moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.

WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

And marley has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.







3 comments:

  1. You can't do it alone, the caregiver can't do it alone, and none of us can do it alone. I think of how Christ is the Bread, Water, Life, good Shepherd, Way, Truth, the Word, and so forth. Our hope rests in the real Hope. The impossible is made possible. I like your view of Mary as a caregiver. Spot on. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have often thought of Mary raising God's son. No she couldn't and didn't do it alone. She lost him for a couple days, remember? Can you imagine how she must have felt? I lost mine when he was 3 for about 5 minutes and thought I would have a heart attack! So important to encourage always and never measure. You are amazing to continue to write and God keeps giving you great insight. You help me a lot for I care for elderly people. I often think of things you have said. It will be a great privilege to meet you and Barb one day. Bless you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew you are making a difference.

    ReplyDelete