Why we're here...

Love and marriage are the greatest adventures in life, and they point they way to our relationship with the Almighty.

We're honored to be a member of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association...click on their logo to visit them.

undefined

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Your Dying Spouse 422 - A Table In The Presence {#adventphoto2017}

The Holy Family was soon to be among enemies.

King Herod felt a threat, and soon the land would be filled with weeping, but God made a way and a place for Mary, Joseph, and the infant Jesus.

As a caregiver, you can feel pretty surrounded as well. There's the illness, of course...and the side-effects of medications...and the well-meaning people who manage to say the very wrong thing.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. (Ps. 23:5 KJV)

The table contains your manna, the strength to get through each day, continually refreshed but impossible to hoard, because you're not supposed to look too far down the road.

And the anointing is your duty.

Music from Third Day, with Cry Out To Jesus.




Today's keyword for Advent-Photo-A-Day is presence.


Previous posts in this series are

December 4 - A Caregiving Home
December 6 - A Caregiver's Vision
December 8 - A Caregiver's Renewal

Please pardon my slow response to comments. I'm doing my best, and your comments are really precious to me.

I'm really not doing well at all.

Thanks to Carol Ashby, Blessed Are The Pure Of Heart is back on Kindle, and will be available in paperback in a few days!

Friends are everything. I couldn't have done it.

I have another blog, "Starting The Day With Grace". The focus is a grace quote from someone you might not expect (like, say Mick Jagger) and a short commentary. I hope you'll join me.


Marley update... been moved to a sanctuary, and Bay County will revise their 'dangerous dog' codes.

WE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

And marley has a Facebook page! Please drop by to see how happy he is today.


If you can, please do leave a comment. I am trying to answer all, and I am failing, but please know this - I read and treasure each one.

Below are my recent releases on Kindle -please excuse their presence in the body of the blog. I haven't the energy to get them up as 'buttons' in the sidebar. You can click on the covers to go to the Amazon links.















1 comment:

  1. None of us need to be looking "too far down the road." I want to live looking UP! xo

    ReplyDelete